Willis

CAT

Willis may be the worst pass-blocking RB I have EVER seen.

Thurman Thomas, he ain't. I'm waiting for all the "U" apologists to crawl out from under their rocks and singe Willis' praises. The fact is, he can't pick up one yard when you need it most and he CAN'T block a pass rusher to save his life.

for all the people bagging on Willis because he said he didn't work out his upper body last offseason, Polamalu also said he doesn't work out with weights.. at all

785632[/snapback]

That's why he sucks too....er wait....actually Polamalu isn't that bad, he might, with a few more season under his belt become a quality starter <_<

It took until the final drive to even LOOK at Mcgahee in the passing game.

784935[/snapback]

JP looked for WM in the second drive and threw a high pass that WM could only tip and as the NYJ DL player had tape on his hands like oven mitts he could not bring it in. Its possible that after that fiasco, a combination of Fairchild shying away from touch passes in the flat and JP failing to choose to attempt the throw is what led to the lack of attempts.

Willis says he did not lift diring offseason.  Backs like Barber power lift.  Would that help him be tougher and maybe try to pass block.  Seems like that is an effort thing.  Not a great back unless you block and make people miss.

784874[/snapback]

It also is a bit odd that someone would claim that by lifting weights a player would drastically improve his ability to not whiff on blitz pick-ups. Are you making a point besides overlooking the things WM did extraordinarly well which do indicate great effort on his part.

If anything, I think that WM (and JP) improve their work in all facets of the game when they calm down a bit and strike a balance between achieving precision on technical parts of the game while maintaining their animal ferocity in the gritty parts of the game.

I think the WM issue is not so much a lack of desire (we even saw him use the stiff-arm a bit yesterday and simply beat back an onrushing tackler with a show of upper body strength and EFFORT) but a lack of precision in some parts of his game.

This view is quite consistent with real world events such as him pulling oof a great blitz pick-up last week on one play and then turning around and whiffing on a blitz-pick-up the next time he was called on to perform this.