Usually i wouldn't do this

BoondckCL

In a way you are right. I did not always have contact with Pat after high school, or much after i got kicked out of high school for that matter. I was friends with him in middle school really, when people aren't really sure what their sexual preferance is anyway, which serves for the fact that i would not really know about his sexual identity struggle.

It's really one of those things that when you see that an old friend died, you are going to become somber, i don't care who you are, its going to happen. Do i know that his sexual identity was the reason for this? No, i don't. When he came out i know his parents purchased objects for him or something to that effect, but maybe that is not the kind of support he was looking for.

If anything I would say that there is a chance that he did it because of his sexual identity. Read the obituary, there was nothing wrong with the kid. Absolutely nothing wrong. Just a kid who liked slasher films and got me to watch them when i was younger.

But this is not the debate that one should have at a time like this.

781205[/snapback]

I really do know what you are going through. I had a very similar experience some 5 years back: a childhood acquaintance who committed suicide, and I can tell you that the wake was one of the worst experiences of my life. It is one thing to die young in an accident, and quite another to die by one's own hand. The poor family members are left wondering about what they could have done, and didn't do. A promising life snuffed out for no good reason. Memories of happy times with that person are immediately followed by the horrible pain of remembering the suicide. I remember struggling very hard to find the dignity in that death, very hard. It was such a horrible thing. I can only say that if you are a praying man, the best thing you can do is say a prayer for that young man's soul, and offer a lot of support for his family. They will need it for a very long time.

I am sorry about the previous posts--I was grumpy this morning.

I really do know what you are going through.  I had a very similar experience some 5 years back: a childhood acquaintance who committed suicide, and I can tell you that the wake was one of the worst experiences of my life.  It is one thing to die young in an accident, and quite another to die by one's own hand.  The poor family members are left wondering about what they could have done, and didn't do.  A promising life snuffed out for no good reason.  Memories of happy times with that person are immediately followed by the horrible pain of remembering the suicide.  I remember struggling very hard to find the dignity in that death, very hard.  It was such a horrible thing.  I can only say that if you are a praying man, the best thing you can do is say a prayer for that young man's soul, and offer a lot of support for his family.  They will need it for a very long time. 

I am sorry about the previous posts--I was grumpy this morning.

781243[/snapback]

Oh yeah, i've had those mornings. All is forrgiven. I didn't really think that you were trying to insult but instead provoke some thought of some sort. Don't worry about it.