Larry Tripplett

Astrobot

At first glace at the stats, you'd think Tripplett wasn't any great shakes.

He was credited with one assist, but a look at the video will prove otherwise.

His pursuit of Culpepper caused Culpepper to throw Crowell's INT.

He was being double-teamed so Denney got the sack putting them in 3rd and 32.

He and Kyle Williams, or he and Kelsay, or Schobel, constantly broke down the pocket.

He and Kyle Williams, or he and Kelsay, or Schobel, constantly broke down the pocket.

776748[/snapback]

Thank you for posting this, I only have play by play, so I wasn't sure why every kept saying he did such a great job today.....now I know.

The inside guys did play well. When Big Ted would clog the middle and the Bills had great defenses his stats were awful at first glance. A couple of tackles a game. But if one guy consistently requires double teams and is stout at the line of attack then they are doing their job. Great overall effort by the DL.

Still need some work on the running game, but definite improvement today!

776748[/snapback]

Good post. There is a lot more to the play of interior lineman than stats. Triplett played well. Kyle Williams already looks like the real deal. I think that McCargo will develop as well.

I think the talent on DL is good. I am not nearly as excited about out OL talent though.

Good post.  There is a lot more to the play of interior lineman than stats.  Triplett played well.  Kyle Williams already looks like the real deal.  I think that McCargo will develop as well. 

I think the talent on DL is good.  I am not nearly as excited about out OL talent though.

776922[/snapback]

Bob,

I'd say give the OL kids a little time - the learning curve for defensive players is quicker than that of the offense. I think Butler's going to be our starting LT or RT in a year or two and we'll be happy for it!