Can I Start The 'Official' Game Thread?

true_blue_bill

so a play action pass on second down in the redzone when the defense is clearly overselling against the run wouldnt have been a better call then a pitch outside that ended up losing yardage

no one is saying that they shoul stop running

775793[/snapback]

I don't know if it would have or wouldn't have....I'm just a fan :unsure: I just don't think there's much room to criticize abandoning the run when we're having our way with their Dline.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Punt out of bounds on the 1 and all these idiots can talk about is a meaningless block on the play.

And btw...not exactly a heads up play on that TO before the punt.

775791[/snapback]

Wel...it was a good hit. Leonhard was owned. Great punt, though.

And how did Miami ever hang for so long with the Steelers? They look fugly today.

And McMichael blocking Schoebel? Something's a little !@#$ed with THAT blocking scheme. Thanks, Mike... :unsure:

I don't know if it would have or wouldn't have....I'm just a fan :unsure:  I just don't think there's much room to criticize abandoning the run when we're having our way with their Dline.

775794[/snapback]

I'll say it again, calling a pass play in the red zone on second down isnt abandoning the run

so a play action pass on second down in the redzone when the defense is clearly overselling against the run wouldnt have been a better call then a pitch outside that ended up losing yardage and yeah we are talking about play by play

775793[/snapback]

Could have been intercepted and run back for a TD...then you'd be complaining that they abandon the run, which had worked to that point.

Again, hindsight vs. foresight. Results are not preordained when the play is called.

so a play action pass on second down in the redzone when the defense is clearly overselling against the run wouldnt have been a better call then a pitch outside that ended up losing yardage and yeah we are talking about play by play

775793[/snapback]

And I forgot to add...it was 2nd and 7, a typical passing down. Play action on 2nd and 3, you might have a point. On 2nd and 7...not so much.

And how did Miami ever hang for so long with the Steelers?  They look fugly today. 

Certainly there's no way the Great Saban wouldn't have his team completely prepared and motivated for their home opener, especially coming off a loss to start the season. I think it must be some sort of super genius game plan (far superior than anything Belichick could scheme up) to make us think they suck, only to have them REALLY try later in the game.

And I forgot to add...it was 2nd and 7, a typical passing down.  Play action on 2nd and 3, you might have a point.  On 2nd and 7...not so much.

775808[/snapback]

2nd and 7 when they were running the way they were would have been a great play action down in the redzone