Pats & Branch

OGTEleven

I read in the local paper today that the Pats have filed a grievance against the Jets. They contend that the Jets "let Branch know what they'd offer in a trade when Branch was only authorized to discuss a contract."

I'm not really sure I understand this. How did that discussion harm the Pats? I can see if Branch shared it with the Seahawks, but there is no claim that he did. It may have exposed to Branch just how far backwards the Pats were bending in an effort to screw him, but that's all I can see.

Why would the Pats file this grievance? Maybe they're testing the waters to see how much of a reach around the new league office will give them off the field. On the field must not be enough.

I read in the local paper today that the Pats have filed a grievance against the Jets.  They contend that the Jets "let Branch know what they'd offer in a trade when Branch was only authorized to discuss a contract."

I'm not really sure I understand this.  How did that discussion harm the Pats?  I can see if Branch shared it with the Seahawks, but there is no claim that he did.  It may have exposed to Branch just how far backwards the Pats were bending in an effort to screw him, but that's all I can see.

Why would the Pats file this grievance?  Maybe they're testing the waters to see how much of a reach around the new league office will give them off the field.  On the field must not be enough.

771359[/snapback]

Fats Freddy tipped their hand! :lol: