Is the stiff-arm back?

G'Day,

I haven't been able to see any of the preseason games down here and was wondering if McGahee is using his stiff arm again.

Two years ago he used it as a vital tool to his running style, but didn't really seem to use it last year. (From what I've heard.)

I would love to imagine what this guy is fully capable of doing using all of his tools.

(Speed, power, quickness and Bam!... the stiff arm.)

anyone?

anyone?

Bueller?

G'Day,

I haven't been able to see any of the preseason games down here and was wondering if McGahee is using his stiff arm again.

Two years ago he used it as a vital tool to his running style, but didn't really seem to use it last year.  (From what I've heard.)

I would love to imagine what this guy is fully capable of doing using all of his tools.

759091[/snapback]

Haven't seen the stiff arm but once or twice that I remember, and no devastating ones like he put on Zach Thomas his first year.

But he's running with power and breaking tackles and looks quicker.

How's that?

Thanks for that Trip.

Does anyone know why he hasn't used it much since two years ago? I assume that they wouldn't coach him to stop it.

I used to have visions of Jim Brown watching him paste defenders...

Haven't seen the stiff arm but once or twice that I remember, and no devastating ones like he put on Zach Thomas his first year.

But he's running with power and breaking tackles and looks quicker.

How's that?

759183[/snapback]

G'Day,

Two years ago he used it as a vital tool to his running style, but didn't really seem to use it last year.  (From what I've heard.)

759091[/snapback]

Willis uses brass knuckles now.....much more affective

G'Day,

759091[/snapback]

Hey Kiwi!

Someone posted a while back that Willis always carries the ball in his right hand, so the stiff arm was only effective on runs around the right side. But Mularkey's runs did not feature that route much.

Ahh, something like that!

Keeping Willis in on 3rd downs (brilliant!) should help an awful lot this year, IMO.

But I have not seen/heard the stiff arm in this pre-season...

Cheers.

Willis wasnt willis last year, is was unhappy with the situation as werent all of us, I believe the new coaching staff has him excited so he got back to his form, JP is better and the oline has improved, When this coaching staff decides to keep feeding him the ball he will catch is rhythm and all aspects of his game will be back including the stiff arm and hurdeling defenders, Watch some of his runs from 2 years ago as opposed to last year- differant athlete

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I was very impressed with things Willis showed two years ago.

The guy from last year... seemed deflated.

The new Marv Levy regime has shown a lot of promise so far.

I guess it helps that our leader has studied great leaders in history during his career.

This also shows just how inept we've been for years now.

It's damn good to breathe some fresh air around here... it's been stale for a damn long time.

GO BILLS

Willis wasnt willis last year, is was unhappy with the situation as werent all of us, I believe the new coaching staff has him excited so he got back to his form, JP is better and the oline has improved, When this coaching staff decides to keep feeding him the ball he will catch is rhythm and all aspects of his game will be back including the stiff arm and hurdeling defenders, Watch some of his runs from 2 years ago as opposed to last year- differant athlete

759572[/snapback]