My very first fantasy draft, how does it look?

HeadInTheClouds

The only mistake i've seemed to make was Drafting my backup QB with the same byeweek as my starter, so I had to draft a 3rd.

QBs: (start 1)

Trent Green

Drew Bledse (him and TG have same bye week, ive got drew on the trading block right now to see if theres any interest in him)

Drew Brees

RBs: (Start 2)

Ronnie Brown

Carnell Williams

Joseph Addai (if he gets the start for indy would make this a decent pick)

Verron Hayes (might be replacing bettis for redzone)

WRs: (Start 3, 1 flex W/R)

Anquan Boldin

Terry Glenn

Javon Walken

Joe Jurevicius

TEs: (Start 1)

Bubba Franks

Robert Royal (backup/BYE)

K:

Rian Lindell

Defense: (Start 2 DL, 2 DB, 2 D)

Mike Vrabel DL

Will Smith DL

Jason Taylor DL

Aaron Schobel DL

Champ Bailey DB

Donte Whitner DB

Michael Huff DB

Larry Foote DL

Angelo Crowell DL

Im thinking of trading one of the DL's for another DB seeing as how 2 of them are rookies and are a gamble, but I figure having a rookie starting DB is better then any offensive rookie.

Any suggestions/comments?

Unless there's a large number of owners in your league (like 16 or more) I'd have to say that your team is "ok".

At my first glance, it doesn't appear that you have a top-5 player at any of the 3 power positions (WR,QB or RB) IMHO. But as a first timer, just enjoy the season and learn from the experience.

One peice of advice: if your league allows Free Agent pick-ups, pay close attention to the emerging players who went undrafted and snap them up. I've seen a lot of owners who've had average drafts make smart FA pick-ups and do very well.

Good luck!

Unless there's a large number of owners in your league (like 16 or more) I'd have to say that your team is "ok".

At my first glance, it doesn't appear that you have a top-5 player at any of the 3 power positions (WR,QB or RB) IMHO. But as a first timer, just enjoy the season and learn from the experience.

One peice of advice: if your league allows Free Agent pick-ups, pay close attention to the emerging players who went undrafted and snap them up. I've seen a lot of owners who've had average drafts make smart FA pick-ups and do very well.

Good luck!

757576[/snapback]

I agree with your analysis - however I would say Boldin is arguably a top 5 WR, certainly top 10.

I agree with your analysis - however I would say Boldin is arguably a top 5 WR, certainly top 10.

757612[/snapback]

Only 10 teams, I took Ronnie Brown in the first draft, all the other top RB's were gone and I figured RB has a chance for a breakout year, he did great lastyear and only started about half the season and was splitting most running duties with Ricky Williams. With RW gone this can only mean + things for Ronnie Brown.

Rookie Mistake : Lots of players on your favorite team

Average QBs: Certianly nothing exciting here...

No depth at RB. Might have 4 starters...but likely will have just 2.

WRs are average. Interesting that none of them are the #1 WRs on their team. But still, not a terrible group.

Who is playing the flex slot? Your choices right now are Jurevicious/Addai/Haynes. Need to fix that. QUICK! You will get crushed at this position.

TE: Royal? Seriously? Bubba Franks could be good, but more than likely he will go on to be an injured washed up tight end with a quarterback who is frustrated.

I predict you will finish 8th in a 10 man league. But remember, this is fantasy football. If you gobbled up gado last year, or Goings the year before you would be all set. Watch the waiver wire like a hawk. You can do fine.

Rookie Mistake : Lots of players on your favorite team

Average QBs: Certianly nothing exciting here...

758044[/snapback]

What about Trent Green, hes had 4000 passing yards quite a few times in a row lately? Which of the 3 do you recommend I get rid of, or who should I try to trade and for what position?

Also Anquan Bolding is listed as the #1 on the depth chart for Arizona? Terry Glenn was #1 but got bumped recently by T.O. but something could always happen with him.

What about Trent Green, hes had 4000 passing yards quite a few times in a row lately? Which of the 3 do you recommend I get rid of, or who should I try to trade and for what position?

758075[/snapback]

Well....I'd actually suggest to hold onto all 3 for now.... All 3 are around the same level IMO. See which one (if any) step up and produce. I cant imagine any real trade value for them, but they would be gobbled up rather quickly if released. I didnt mean to imply that QB was a real weak spot. In fact you have really good depth here and you can certainally win with these guys. If this WERE the weak spot, you would be okay. Like I said though, nothing is written in stone after the draft. Keep your eye open.

Per my QB Rankings:

11 Green

14 Bledsoe

18 Brees

Well....I'd actually suggest to hold onto all 3 for now....  All 3 are around the same level IMO.  See which one (if any) step up and produce.  I cant imagine any real trade value for them, but they would be gobbled up rather quickly if released.  I didnt mean to imply that QB was a real weak spot.  In fact you have really good depth here and you can certainally win with these guys.  If this WERE the weak spot, you would be okay.  Like I said though, nothing is written in stone after the draft.  Keep your eye open.

Per my QB Rankings:

11 Green

14 Bledsoe

18 Brees

758103[/snapback]

Cool thanks for the advice.

No depth at RB after Brown and Williams...

758380[/snapback]

Im hoping Joseph Addai will be named starter for Indy which would make him a good pick, ive seen him listed as sleeper on alot of reports, and Verran Hayes might be filling in the role of Jerome Bettis which should get him a decent amount of TD's but they havn't named anyone yet, but incase they do within the next few days i'd like to hang onto him. That seem logicial?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.