Sports Illustrated NFL Preview

This caught me off guard big time. I really thought I was the only one with high hopes this season (and every other), but to see them predict us going 8-8 was pretty encouraging (for what its worth...absolutely nothing.) At least 1 major news outlet has respect for us!

I was surprised as well. It's a little sad that 8-8 is considered "high hopes", but that's the reality of where we are. An 8-8 season with all our young players and new schemes would be a solid season to build on.

If we finish 8-8, that would almost totally offset the absolute embarrassment that was the 2005 Buffalo Bills. I think we'll get out of the gate a bit slow, but come on toward the end of the season.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!

If we finish 8-8, that would almost totally offset the absolute embarrassment that was the 2005 Buffalo Bills. I think we'll get out of the gate a bit slow, but come on toward the end of the season.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!

756693[/snapback]

8 - 8, I would consider a decent bounce back from 2005. We can't realistically hope for more in '06. For comparison, I wonder what the s--theads at ESPN magazine will predict or are they done with predictions?

Guess I'm in the whiners club, too, because I take issue with the prognosticators who use the Buffalo Bills for a verbal commode. I plead guilty.

How great would it be to just be MENTIONED as a playoff contender by around week 13....I'd love to see that. I'm putting that loss to the Pittsburgh JV squad in 2004 out of my mind, so to me it seems like forever since we've been LEGIT for the playoffs. Just to be in the mix again would be a great ending to the season.

I wonder what the s--theads at ESPN magazine will predict or are they done with predictions?

756727[/snapback]

That was the suckiest magazine I ever subscribed to in my life. They almost suckered me in with the last offer I got in the mail for a year for $9.99, but there is a reason why they almost give it away.

How great would it be to just be MENTIONED as a playoff contender by around week 13....I'd love to see that. I'm putting that loss to the Pittsburgh JV squad in 2004 out of my mind, so to me it seems like forever since we've been LEGIT for the playoffs. Just to be in the mix again would be a great ending to the season.

756757[/snapback]

In SI's projection, we finish a game behind Baltimore for the final playoff spot. Seeing as we play them the last week of the season, that would mean a playoff spot would be on the line.

We are undergoing big changes with a lot of new and/or untried people at new positions and a new coach installing a new system. 8/8 would be a really wonderful season and should earn Jauron consideration for coach of the year. I'm optimistic and hoping for 8/8 and will be perfectly happy if it turns out that way. Any more wins than that I'll be ecstatic and will probably try to see if they will sell Bills jerseys with Jauron and Levy on them.

We are undergoing big changes with a lot of new and/or untried people at new positions and a new coach installing a new system.  8/8 would be a really wonderful season and should earn Jauron consideration for coach of the year.  I'm optimistic and hoping for 8/8 and will be perfectly happy if it turns out that way.  Any more wins than that I'll be ecstatic and will probably try to see if they will sell Bills jerseys with Jauron and  Levy on them.

757241[/snapback]

Well said.