Eagles/Vikes trade wide recievers...

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Philadelphia traded wide receiver Billy McMullen to Minnesota for rookie free-agent receiver Hank Baskett on Thursday.

A third-round draft pick in 2003, McMullen never really found a steady role in Philadelphia with 22 catches for 294 yards and one touchdown in three seasons.

He'll be reunited with news Vikings coach and former Eagles offensive coordinator, Brad Childress, and quarterback Mike McMahon in Minnesota.

Baskett, New Mexico's leading receiver in each of the last two seasons, had 67 receptions for 1,071 yards and nine touchdowns as a senior.

I know this isn't Bills news but how Hank Baskett went undrafted in this years draft is way beyond me (not sure if there were character issues). I had the pleasure of seeing this kid in person this year, not knowing who he was. When I left the game I was in awe of this guy. He lit up my Missouri Tigers for 10 catches 210 yards and 3 TDs. He's a huge target that runs in the 4.5s; bottom line... the kid can flat out play. IMHO we could use a bigger wide out on the roster. I'm predicting this kid makes an impact in Philly (maybe even immediate with their WR core). Even if he only develops into a possession reciever, IMHO he's going to be a good one. Would have loved this guy in the 7th. Oh well.

I attend the University of New Mexico so I saw quite a bit of Baskett. I think he will find a place in the NFL. Not speedy but can leap and is tall. From what I have heard about him I actually think he fits Marv's definition of a good character guy. I hope he develops.

What's the point of this thread? Neither Baskett nor Nance has played yet, and Nance was considered a better prospect than Baskett. And the idea was for the Eagles to trade McMullen to the Vikes, who wanted him, for Baskett. So unless the Bills were high on McMullen, it wasn't going to happen.

how dumb are the eagles..... wow, the trade a player for a WR who was undrafted?? first if they liked baskett that much why didnt they draft him? then since they didnt draft him, why didnt they bring him in as a FA?? thank god this wasnt the bills

how dumb are the eagles..... wow, the trade a player for a WR who was undrafted?? first if they liked baskett that much why didnt they draft him? then since they didnt draft him, why didnt they bring him in as a FA?? thank god this wasnt the bills

694564[/snapback]

1. They probably drafted guys who were higher on the draftboard

2. They probably did try to sign him but he went with the other team instead so now they traded for him giving up basically nothing. Billy McMullen, who cares?

I don't see why this move was dumb. It seems to be a complete nonevent.