Not All Sportswriters are Getting Bills Wrong

Jeffri Chadiha posted this on SI.com Wednesday talking about the five first round players picked in the draft that are likely to succeed in their new roles. This is the first real article or part of an article I've seen in recent days that seems to have gotten the Bills' choice of McCargo right.

4. John McCargo, DT, Buffalo: For all those critics who have been skewering Bills general manager Marv Levy for picking McCargo 26th overall, think about this: A lot of teams thought McCargo was the third-best defensive tackle in the draft after Ngata and Brodrick Bunkley. The Bills need a quick, penetrating defensive tackle to fit into their new, attacking defensive system, and that's what McCargo does well. Like Ngata, he'll be playing with plenty of talent around him in the front seven, and that will only help his development.

Jeffri Chadiha posted this on SI.com Wednesday talking about the five first round players picked in the draft that are likely to succeed in their new roles.  This is the first real article or part of an article I've seen in recent days that seems to have gotten the Bills' choice of McCargo right.

684770[/snapback]

they should also mention that the 4th best DT was not nearly as good as McCargo.

I think both of those are good points. McCargo was rated up there with the two best and played better than Bunkley in FSU-NCSU games all three years, and McCargo is a character guy. He was never in trouble in school and I never saw his name in the Raleigh paper for anything more than the plays he made. McCargo has both the talent and the character to be a great player. I just wish more of the writers would focus on that than taking another chance to criticize the Bills Organization.