It's more than a defensive draft

This is really a defensive draft. I'm referring to not just the fact both players are defenders, but it appears that the Bills reached well beyond where these players were seen by pundits.

Apparently they did this to defend themselves from being forced to take the fourth best DT on their board to fill the huge hole at DT next Triplett and took Whitner after Huff got nabbed to defend themselves from filling the whole at SS with the 3rd best SS,

Its a bummer but a major drive for RWS (and thus Marv) after 5 years of failing to make the playoffs under TD is to fill needs and win now.

If you don't like Tim Anderson, then there is still a huge hole next to Tripplett because McCargo is going to be rotating with Tripplett, not starting next to him.

676368[/snapback]

It really depends on what the 2006 Bills D scheme looks like.

All we know for sure is that we are going to employ a D like the Cover 2 scheme which Jauron has used and is familiar with rather than the zone blitz which Gray ran.

It is a reasonable assumption that this cover 2 will actually be altered by the presences of Fennell to employ big parts of the Cover 3 schem which he has used before.

Further,like any good coaches they will alter this cover 2 mutated to employ cover 3 schemes to put the players we have in the best position to make plays so that though it will tend toward the traditional covee 2 it is going to be the 2006 Vills D to employ new wrinkles designed for the O to be difficult to predict merely by looking at old Jauron/Fennell tape.

Further add to this that one of the very good things about this very young crew of players we drafted in the first three rounds, the braintrust seemed to emphasize coachability and bright guys where it would be crazy to assume they are going to play the game exactly as they did in college.

In other words, it is simply a false assumption for any of us fan observer to assume that Triplett and McCargo are goint o never play yogether or even that they will not be on the field together a majority of the time in the Bills D scheme. Outside of being told it will be a Cover 2 rather than a zone blitz there is no 2006 Bills scheme yet for us to make firm assumptions about.

Just as back in the old days when the Bills ran a 3-4 but alteed it to often use a set called The Package which got similar big bodies Big Ted and Phat Pat on the field at the same time, i suspect that we will see our two best DTs (likely Yriplett and McCargo based on the 1st rounder we spent getting McCargo as soom as the coaches can make it sp on the field at the same time.

How will they do this? I do not know, but that is why they are the professionals who get paid cause they know this stuiff and you and I are just very interested amateurs.