Whitner and McCargo Listed as rising

Max997

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5552252

N.C. State defensive tackle John McCargo could be the third Wolfpack defensive lineman selected in the first round if the latest rumblings from scouts hold true. McCargo has a rare combination of quickness and strength at the point of attack. Considered by most to be the clear third defensive tackle behind only Haloti Ngata and Brodrick Bunkley, teams might not be willing to allow the disruptive McCargo to slip out of the first round. A starter in 29 of his 30 career games, McCargo averaged nearly a tackle for loss (29.5) per game played.

Ohio State strong safety Donte Whitner continues his ascent up the draft board. With only one year of full-time starting experience, Whitner earned comparisons to former Buckeye All-American Mike Doss. Scouts are even higher on Whitner than Doss, however, as the 5-10, 204-pounder showed rare athleticism with a time of 4.40 and a 40-inch vertical jump at the Combine. Though he manned the strong safety position with the Buckeyes, some see his speed and instincts as an indication he could easily transition to free safety. In fact, some feel Whitner is athletic enough to even become an NFL corner.

Thanks for the post! Love it!

Also, if Boondocks doubts something we better all get on board. My whole perception of the draft has slipped now, I can't believe I thought they knew what they were talking about!

676276[/snapback]

HAHA :o