This is a great idea

T-Bone

As I Cuse fan I would truly enjoy a CFB board.  As for PSU that program is on the decline for the same reasons that a lot of traditional powers fold ... its a cyclical process.  No team can stay on top forever.  I was sad to see PSU kill that series they had with Syracuse and bolt to the Big 11.  Penn St. early on in that series owned the Cuse but the last few seasons of the rivalry SU caught up to them and laid the smack down on PSU in the Dome and again beating them in Happy Valley the following year.  Those games were fun to watch and I miss seeing PSU on the Orangemen's schedule.  I hope that they can someday get back to playing regularly from year to year ... since the Big East has become the Big Least in football we need some teams on the schedule that carry some clout ... FSU & Purdue were good starts this season.

9453[/snapback]

Syracuse needs to redo their program. They seem to be getting 2nd tier recruits for the last dozen years. They haven't been a legit powerhouse since I was a little kid ( many moons ago ). I think of all the great RB's they churned out. Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, Jim Nance, Floyd Little, Larry Czonka, Joe Morris etc.. Now they just don't draw like the old days. Getting a new Coach and a new philosophy in recruiting seems to be needed. Did the athletic dept. slash the funds ? Still costs a fortune to attend college there. Maybe Basketball is more important now ? I'd like to see them do better but they need to find a competative conference and make a commitment.

Syracuse needs to redo their program. They seem to be getting 2nd tier recruits for the last dozen years. They haven't been a legit powerhouse since I was a little kid ( many moons ago ). I think of all the great RB's they churned out. Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, Jim Nance, Floyd Little, Larry Czonka, Joe Morris etc.. Now they just don't draw like the old days. Getting a new Coach and a new philosophy in recruiting seems to be needed. Did the athletic dept. slash the funds ? Still costs a fortune to attend college there. Maybe Basketball is more important now ? I'd like to see them do better but they need to find a competative conference and make a commitment.

10049[/snapback]

The fact is the coaching staff needs to go. That is the big difference. As for the 2nd tier recruit theory it does hold some water but lets not forget that Keith Bulluck (Tenn), Donovan McNabb (Phi), Marvin Harrison (Ind), James Mungro (Ind), Dee Brown (Car/???), Melvin Tuten (Car), Tebucky Jones(NO), Donovan Darius (JAX), Olinda Mare (Mia), Rob Konrad (Mia), Morlon Greenwood (Mia), David Tyree (NYG), Johnnie Morant (Oak), Keith Downing (KC), Josh Thomas (Ind), and several others are on NFL rosters and all have graduated from SU in the past decade. The fact is the coaching staff here does very little with a good amount of talent. Walter Reyes is leaving his own legacy and big things are expected from Joe Fields but the fact of the matter is the offense is outdated and DeLeone and Pasqualoni need to go. Until they are gone the team will be nothing more then mediocre ... its lean times for Cuse fans ... but I still watch (sometimes with my eyes closed)

Archived