A little math for the grist

The operating income that Forbes lists is a pretty good indicator of how profitable the Bills are. The depreciation/amortization has no effect on cash flow and would just be used to reduce the tax liability. They have one of the lowest amounts of debt in the league, so interest wouldn't be that big a deal.

664048[/snapback]

From the numbers it appears that in 2004 the Bills were profitable. I doubt some of the others were. Oakland, Detroit, Miami, Jets, Houston, Minnesota and Seattle don't look so good...Houston and Minnesota because of the debt service they have.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Pats make 3.7 million per home game (91 * 68k *.6) and the Bills make 1.6 million per home game (37 * 74k * .6).  So for the season the Pats make 17 million more for their home games then the Bills (assuming 8 sellouts).

663591[/snapback]

You need to include the two exhibition games and bump everything up 25% percent.

You need to include the two exhibition games and bump everything up 25% percent.

664113[/snapback]

Or more, since I would assume the Pats sell out both their preseason games at regular-season prices. Bills sell out "Kids' Day" with $6 tix, and normally draw shy of 60K for the other preseason home game.

And I noticed nobody's mentioned the $100/seat deposit to get on their season-ticket waiting list, either...