Attacking schools: nothing new for Muslim Terror

pdh1

29.11.2000)/HRWF International Secretariat (12.12.2000) Sudanese air force planes unleashed a deadly attack on a Catholic school in the village of Panlit in southern Sudan's Bahr al-Ghazal region last Friday, according to officials of the diocese of El Obeid, which sponsors and administers the school.

Eyewitnesses report that the Nov. 24 bombing raids over Panlit village began at 11:00 AM, at a time when the maximum number of the Panlit Missionary School's 700 students would be attending classes. Bombers made three passes over the site, dropping a total of fourteen shrapnel, or "barrel" bombs on the area, one round of which hit and destroyed two school classrooms, and sent hundreds of students fleeing for safety into the bush.

http://www.hrwf.net/html/sudan2000.html

And this type of attack continues today.

I wonder why people in the entrainment industry don't speak out against the type of thing.

Especially African-Americans who are proud of their heritage.

Instead we get Whoopeie Goldberg playing dirty word games with George Bush's last name.

Wow, that really demonstrates you have your priorities straight.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Muslims attacking other Muslims also, not just that school.

Ohh yeah, you left that out.

YAWN... same old tired rhetoric... Muslims violent, Christians peaceful.

29.11.2000)/HRWF International Secretariat (12.12.2000)  Sudanese air force planes unleashed a deadly attack on a Catholic school in the village of Panlit in southern Sudan's Bahr al-Ghazal region last Friday, according to officials of the diocese of El Obeid, which sponsors and administers the school.

Eyewitnesses report that the Nov. 24 bombing raids over Panlit village began at 11:00 AM, at a time when the maximum number of the Panlit Missionary School's 700 students would be attending classes. Bombers made three passes over the site, dropping a total of fourteen shrapnel, or "barrel" bombs on the area, one round of which hit and destroyed two school classrooms, and sent hundreds of students fleeing for safety into the bush.

http://www.hrwf.net/html/sudan2000.html

And this type of attack continues today.

I wonder why people in the entrainment industry don't speak out against the type of thing.

Especially  African-Americans who are proud of their heritage.

Instead we get Whoopeie Goldberg playing dirty word games with George Bush's last name.

Wow, that really demonstrates you have your priorities straight.

48274[/snapback]

What special responsibility do African American entertainers have to speak out about what happened in the Sudan 4 years ago that the rest of us do not have?

I am Sicilian, do I have a special responsibility to speak out against the role played by Sicily in international drug smuggling? When was it that Whoopie Goldberg was elected spokesperson for African Americans so they are now responsible for what she says? I know she is black and they are black, is that all the connection that is needed to make an entire nationality responsible for the actions of one? Have you scanned every article, every report and every public record of 4 years ago to see who said what about this event so that you can honestly say that no African Americans spoke out about this? Why wouldn't whites or even white entertainers have a responsibity to speak out?

You people really need to stop your babyish whining and crying over Whoopie Goldberg making obscene jokes about the President's name. Is it really all that shocking that a comedian who has used blue humor her whole life did so again? Do you really think that this was the first time a comedian combined blue humor and politics? How many cigar jokes and chuckles over Monica's thong have we had over the years? The right needs to let go of it's dainty skirts and feigned shock over a couple of cracks on Bush. Every President in the modern era has has been the target of political humor, cartoons, bad jokes and the like. Stop your wimpering over Bush being treated like every other American President.

Drawing a connection between off color jokes by a comedian at a political fundraiser and death in the Sudan 4 years ago is so much of a stretch that I have to wonder at the mind that came up with it. You apparently have been thinking on over time to try and twist this into a slam against African Americans. Do you seriously think there is some sort of conspiracy among African American entertainers to keep silent about human rights abuses in the Sudan? Is anyone who is either unaware of these events or who has not commented publicly about them not allowed to be critical of the President? Are they allowed to as long as they don't use humor? Blue humor?

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Something else too...

SINCE WHEN has people in America cared about Africa, other than when it involves Muslims?!?! What about what is happening in Nigeria, threatening our precious oil prices? Ohh that's right, they are Christians, so they can't possibly be violent, or capable of murdering innocent children!!

HAHA. funny.

Muslims attacking other Muslims also, not just that school.

Ohh yeah, you left that out.

YAWN... same old tired rhetoric... Muslims violent, Christians peaceful.

48337[/snapback]

OK, the muslims are also attacking other Muslims. Thanks for pointing that out.

Now, what does that have to do with your sarcastic remark "christians peaceful'?

Kinda of just proved my point some more.

Prediction: The Crusades anglogy. Never mind that was 500 years ago.

Prediction: The Crusades analogy will come next.

Never mind that was 500+ years ago.

Something else too...

SINCE WHEN has people in America cared about Africa, other than when it involves Muslims?!?! What about what is happening in Nigeria, threatening our precious oil prices? Ohh that's right, they are Christians, so they can't possibly be violent, or capable of murdering innocent children!!

HAHA. funny.

48354[/snapback]

And why the f**k does it have to be America that does something about?

If the people of Europe were really so concerned about human rights, surely they could do something to help.

After all, they are a lot closer, and didn't they use to colonize Africa?

Then again if isn't the Jews doing something bad, Europe doesn't care.

Maybe they will wait for the U.N. to pass another resolution.

That will stop the violence.

Now that's funny.

What special responsibility do African American entertainers have to speak out about what happened in the Sudan 4 years ago that the rest of us do not have?

I am Sicilian, do I have a special responsibility to speak out against the role played by Sicily in international drug smuggling?  When was it that Whoopie Goldberg was elected spokesperson for African Americans so they are now responsible for what she says?  I know she is black and they are black, is that all the connection that is needed to make an entire nationality responsible for the actions of one?  Have you scanned every article, every report and every public record of 4 years ago to see who said what about this event so that you can honestly say that no African Americans spoke out about this?  Why wouldn't whites or even white entertainers have a responsibity to speak out? 

You people really need to stop your babyish whining and crying over Whoopie Goldberg making obscene jokes about the President's name.  Is it really all that shocking that a comedian who has used blue humor her whole life did so again?  Do you really think that this was the first time a comedian combined blue humor and politics?  How many cigar jokes and chuckles over Monica's thong have we had over the years?  The right needs to let go of it's dainty skirts and feigned shock over a couple of cracks on Bush.  Every President in the modern era has has been the target of political humor, cartoons, bad jokes and the like.  Stop your wimpering over Bush being treated like every other American President.

Drawing a connection between off color jokes by a comedian at a political fundraiser and death in the Sudan 4 years ago is so much of a stretch that I have to wonder at the mind that came up with it.  You apparently have been thinking on over time to try and twist this into a slam against African Americans.  Do you seriously think there is some sort of conspiracy among African American entertainers to keep silent about human rights abuses in the Sudan?  Is anyone who is either unaware of these events or who has not commented publicly about them not allowed to be critical of the President?  Are they allowed to as long as they don't use humor? Blue humor?

48344[/snapback]

Never said there was some sort of conspiracy. Just wondered were the marches and protest were. I hear crickets....