The best athlete available

The only way our team will ever be any good is to have open competition at every position. Every player on the team should have the opportunity to replace the starter at any time. Every coach that has won a super bowl has done this. That being said, we draft the best available athlete in the draft at #8. It should not matter who is on the team now. We need to draft the best player available-period. During our Super Bowl runs we had the best players at each position on the field. Our NT then was Jeff Wright. Can anyone honestly remember what round and from where he was drafted? Frank Reich led us the greatest comeback in history. Franchises like the Steelers and the Pats come to mind. Bill Parcell's NY Giant teams also.

That being said I think If Vernon Davis falls to us we draft him. All the blocking in the world won't help if the wr's aren't consistently open. Besides our o-line is going to take more than this off season to fix. Hope Reed steps up. A double TE set of Davis and Royal and Willis in the backfield could be sweet. At least the QB will have options throwing short.

Even by drafting Davis at #8 if available, we will not be much better going into next year's draft. I don't see winning more than 6 games. Marv will draft Brady Quinn of Notre Dame to be the franchise's new face. He will be Marv's Jim Kelly.

That's my rant.

Double Tight End set can be very very effective and I'd like to see the Bills try it on appropriate occasions. I think the Bills will almost certainly get the best athelete available at at least 15 positions given that only seven players will be drafted in front of them. I think they need the best player available at any of several defensive and offensive line positions and maybe at safety or tight end. We are not in a bad position in this draft.

There are only a small handful of posityions the Bills should not draft a player at using the #8 pick and those would be QB, RB (not til atleast the 3rd should we be looking at one), WR (same as RB), Punter and Long snapper (they are our only Pro Bowlers)

Every other position is a need position for Buffalo, or atleast one that could use an extra player to provide some competition or will require someone to replace a veteran soon.

I'm thinking if Reggie Bush falls to the Bills, they draft him.  :lol:

653880[/snapback]

I actually disagree with this, If Reggie Bush falls to the Bills at #8, STAY AWAY FROM HIM

He obviously must have something EXTREMLY wrong with him if he falls that many spots in less then a month before the draft.

I actually disagree with this, If Reggie Bush falls to the Bills at #8, STAY AWAY FROM HIM

He obviously must have something EXTREMLY wrong with him if he falls that many spots in less then a month before the draft.

653893[/snapback]

The context of the joke is that everybody has seen Vernon Davis's workout numbers and the chances that he (or Reggie Bush) fall to #8 are remote.

The context of the joke is that everybody has seen Vernon Davis's workout numbers and the chances that he (or Reggie Bush) fall to #8 are remote.

653896[/snapback]

I know you were joking, but my response is a serious thought I had because if a player like him falls that far there has to be a reason.

Its hard to take anyone serious here, We actually have people saying Buffalo should take Young at #8 :lol::lol::D:P:lol::doh::lol::lol::lol: