Queston re EM contract

Peter

Reportedly, EM is getting a $5 million signing bonus and $14 million over 4 years.

How does that compare to what the Bills were offering? Did any of you guys read anything definitive about what the Bills were offering?

For some reason, I am under the impression that EM agreed to a contract with Houston that he probably could have had with the Bills -- if he wanted to stay.

Reportedly, EM is getting a $5 million signing bonus and $14 million over 4 years.

How does that compare to what the Bills were offering?  Did any of you guys read anything definitive about what the Bills were offering?

For some reason, I am under the impression that EM agreed to a contract with Houston that he probably could have had with the Bills -- if he wanted to stay.

652186[/snapback]

He would have made about a million more than that money over the last two years of his contract.

He would have made about a million more than that money over the last two years of his contract.

652484[/snapback]

Thanks.

It will be interesting to hear the back story about why he wanted out so badly.

652484[/snapback]

If he had played with his current contract terms. The point was the Bills wanted him to take less than that. Even so, as long as his salary this year is higher than $1M he'll walk away with more money this year on the Texans than if he had stayed with the Bills, even at his current offer.

The thing about it is that players who decide that his original team's offer was "insulting" will very frequently end up making less or at best breaking even going elsewhere. But it's a matter of "pride" to them, that they won't go "grovelling" back to their original team for those "insulting" terms. Bridges were burned, Bills weren't budging on their "insulting" offer. No way Moulds would come back. Get over it.

It is just sad that Moulds had to finish his career in Buffalo on such a poor note. It was his choice however.

Amazing that he was angry that he was going to be making #2 WR money to be 2nd to LE, when he is going to be second to Andre Johnson in Houston, making #2 WR money. He doesn't seem to be complaining about that.

It is just sad that Moulds had to finish his career in Buffalo on such a poor note.  It was his choice however. 

Amazing that he was angry that he was going to be making #2 WR money to be 2nd to LE, when he is going to be second to Andre Johnson in Houston, making #2 WR money.  He doesn't seem to be complaining about that.

652700[/snapback]

When you're 33 years old you'll be happy to pocket more money this year, and worry about next year...next year. I don't think it was as much about comparing $$ with other receivers on the team rather than "you're not touching the $6M you promised to give me."