Bonds tested for steroids.

Tux of Borg

Story

Report: Bonds randomly tested for steroids

FOXSports.com

Posted: 54 minutes ago

Barry Bonds was randomly tested for steroids Friday, according to the Contra Costa Times and Major League Baseball's official website.

Bonds was reportedly tested before the Dodgers-Giants game in San Francisco.

"I'm glad this is finally happening," Bonds told MLB.com. "They'll get the results and it will clear my name. It'll show that there's nothing behind what I've been doing (on the field) all year."

However, in an interview with The Times, Bonds spoke with what could be construed as a different attitude.

"My name ain't dirty," Bonds said.

Bonds, a six-time National League MVP, has 703 career home runs, 11 behind Babe Ruth and 52 behind Hank Aaron's all-time mark. His most recent home run came Sunday when he hit his 45th of the season in a 7-4 loss to Los Angeles.

It is important to note that test results aren't made public unless or until a player tests positive twice.

A first positive result means a player is to receive treatment. But a second positive test results in a suspension or fine and the player's name would be revealed to the public.

Bonds was not charged, but was one of 10 players to testify before a grand jury during an investigation of the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative (BALCO) for alleged tax evasion and the illegal sale of drugs.

Greg Anderson, a close friend and personal trainer to Bonds, was one of the men indicted.