Ngata vs Bunkley

ans4e64

:huh:

Tripplett is not on the same level or even in the ballpark with Harris, also who heard of Ngata before he decided to make himself draft eligable.Maybe because I live on the east coast and cant catch Oregon games but its easy to find a 350+ pounder,its alot harder to find an athlete that can get to the QB. Why not draft some fat slob and keep feeding him til he becomes a 2 gap guy.Ngate would be a great fit if we were a 3-4 team but we are not. The cover 2 is built on speed. And we need guys who can play the run and the pass.By the way Corey Simon, Darnell Dockett, and Travis Johnson were worthy #1 from FSU. As far as Ngata in high school obviously there are players that dominate. I played against and with Antonio Bryant, Nate Webster,Andre Johnson,Dan Morgan and a bunch of others.So high school isnt a barometer to match talent with the NFL.     :doh:

639915[/snapback]

I never said that Tripplet was near the same level that Harris was, I stated that they play the same role on the line, I am sorry that I forgot Simon, but dockett was a third round pick (I believe) and there are people in Houston that would argue with you about Travis Johnson being worthy of a number one pick. And I didn't say "he dominated high school, so he's ready for the NFL", but way to name drop, I stated that I remembered him from then, because he stood out. and I have followed his career since, Because he stood out.

That is still not an example of which one is the better DT.  Ngata is not a blob of fat, though just saying so enough MAY make it true if you try really hard.  And why will he blow up in the offseason?  Cause you say so again?

Why does Bunkley fit our scheme perfectly when we already have Triplett?

Everyone wants to say Bunkley is better, but no one knows.  No one.  It's just the popular thing to say lately.  Just another bandwagon.  Keep on jumpin people.

639307[/snapback]

If you want to know whether the Bills take Ngata or Bunkley, just look at what they have on hand.

What kinds of DTs are Tripplett, Edwards, Anderson and Sape: hole-pluggers or penetrators?

The only hole-plugger in that bunch is Anderson so I think the Bills are either taking Ngata or another hole-plugger in a later round.