A possible 3rd or 4th round draft pick to

Hank Baskett

Wide Receiver | Senior | New Mexico

Height: 6-2 7/8 | Weight: 224 | 40-Time: 4.49

Official Bio

Strengths:

Has tremendous size...Very physical and knows how to use his big frame...Is an excellent natural athlete...Has great hands...Will routinely make the spectacular reception...Great leaper who was the 2004 Mountain West Conference outdoor high jump champion...Can be a major threat in the red zone...Has excellent body control...Runs well after the catch...Plays faster on the field than he times.

Weaknesses:

Does not have elite speed or quickness...Is not much of a deep threat and won't run away from pro defensive backs...Needs to round out his game and refine his technique...Is not as good of a blocker as a guy his size should be...Has some trouble beating the jam at the line...Can run better routes...Missed some time as a freshman with a spinal injury that will need to be checked out by the doctors.

Notes:

Doesn't get the attention he deserves as one of the premier senior wideouts in the nation...Has everything you look for except pure speed and is a bit of a big school sleeper...Could potentially be a #1 receiving target at the next level.

I actually saw this kid in person this year against Missouri and it turned out to be the best game of his career (10 catches for 200+ yards and 3 TDs). He was a an absolute beast on the field. In all honesty, I wouldn't mind if we used EVERY pick to address both lines but this kid would be a great pick IMHO.

I've had Hank Baskett in my mocks for awhile now, once I saw this kid play I realized what a great talent he was. Plus, you have to say something about constantly improving from year to year during college, it shows a great level of commitment to me. He may now "wow!" you, but as a possession WR he's extremely solid. Love to see us use our 4th on him.