You want out Eric?

I haven't heard that the number is 9... but fathering children out of wedlock is not a crime. Hitting a girlfriend, however, is... and that is a pervasive rumor from his early 20's which may or may not be true.

The bottom line is that he has done a lot for this franchise and it's best for both parties to move on.

Moulds has fathered nine children out of wedlock, and I've heard he's hit one of his girlfriends. But Levy's Era is a KKK member for saying Moulds might produce a rap album!  :doh:

638999[/snapback]

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't heard that the number is 9... but fathering children out of wedlock is not a crime.  Hitting a girlfriend, however, is... and that is a pervasive rumor from his early 20's which may or may not be true. 

The bottom line is that he has done a lot for this franchise and it's best for both parties to move on.

639073[/snapback]

Lots of things aren't crimes, but are still wrong. Fathing kids out of wedlock is one of those things. With Moulds' "personal advisor" saying he'll never play for the Bills again, I really wonder how much Moulds' kids will ever see of their dad.

Some would say that he makes up for his off-field behavior by what he contributes to the Bills. Well, let's look at those contributions. He refused to work with JP in the off-season. Even as someone who's expressed doubts about JP's ability and future, I think it was Moulds' responsibility to go the extra mile for the Bills by running those routes with JP. Especially if Moulds is going to demand $7 million a year of Ralph's money. Then there was the Miami game, where Moulds refused to go back in.

Yes, Moulds is a talented athlete, and he generally works hard and contributes to the team. But let's not confuse him with a stand-up guy.

I figure a cheap-ass, uncalled for personal insult (yes, i believe he meant it that way) deserves a return cheap-shot.  And, i'm just the guy for the job, ya mindless mook.  :doh:

639031[/snapback]

Fair enough, though it looks like we're going to have to agree to disagree about whether personal insults heaved Eric's way are deserved or not.

Fair enough, though it looks like we're going to have to agree to disagree about whether personal insults heaved Eric's way are deserved or not.

639111[/snapback]

You got that.

I can tell you I don't think I will reach agreement with someone who thinks fathering a child outside of wedlock is "wrong" (now, if wasn't supporting those children, emotionally and monetarily, I could be persuaded). And I'm not sure how that would make a "rap album" comment deserved...I don't see any connection (other than a "racist" one).

You got that. 

I can tell you I don't think I will reach agreement with someone who thinks fathering a child outside of wedlock is "wrong" (now, if wasn't supporting those children, emotionally and monetarily, I could be persuaded).  And I'm not sure how that would make a "rap album" comment deserved...I don't see any connection (other than a "racist" one).

639138[/snapback]

Fried Chicken. There you go - a racist comment... :doh:

Are you drinking wine today, Spodie-Odie? :lol:

Fried Chicken. There you go - a racist comment... :doh:

Are you drinking wine today, Spodie-Odie?  :lol:

639149[/snapback]

No drinks yet (probably why I'm so ornery). Supposed to be on vacation but being tormented to WORK by my job (a project on fire)...and my parents (cleaning out their garage and basement as they are planning to sell the house).

I see your "fried chicken" and raise you "watermelon".

No drinks yet (probably why I'm so ornery).  Supposed to be on vacation but being tormented to WORK by my job (a project on fire)...and my parents (cleaning out their garage and basement as they are planning to sell the house).

I see your "fried chicken" and raise you "watermelon".

639168[/snapback]

You beet me there. :lol: Lettuce pray. :doh:

You got that. 

I can tell you I don't think I will reach agreement with someone who thinks fathering a child outside of wedlock is "wrong" (now, if wasn't supporting those children, emotionally and monetarily, I could be persuaded).  And I'm not sure how that would make a "rap album" comment deserved...I don't see any connection (other than a "racist" one).

639138[/snapback]

He's got nine kids with many different women. How much time could he really be giving them? I mean, does he say, "Janet, bring over kid #1 on Monday, Tomika, bring over kid #2 on Tuesday . . ."? Maybe, but I highly doubt it. If you ask me, it's more likely he's spending his time looking to father child #10.

If the team is willing to honor his entire salary, then he WILL play.  But the fact is, they will not honor the salary, hence his desire to not return to the team.  They know the cap number is big, but if he must play for a reduced salary (which appears to be the case), might as well play for a contender.

Perfectly reasonable.

639040[/snapback]

He WILL play if they honour the contract? When has he ever said that? The Bills WILL either honour his salary, or release him if he refuses to renegotiate, they have no choice. So I have no idea what you are talking about here. EM's 'agent' is the person that said he will not play for the Bills this year, period. Why are these facts so difficult to understand?

He WILL play if they honour the contract?  When has he ever said that?  The Bills WILL either honour his salary, or release him if he refuses to renegotiate, they have no choice.  So I have no idea what you are talking about here.  EM's 'agent' is the person that said he will not play for the Bills this year, period.  Why are these facts so difficult to understand?

639211[/snapback]

I'm sure he didn't say he would "honour" the contract...he's neither Canadian nor from the UK.

My guess is a BIG reason he doesn't want to play for the Bills is because they want him to take a big pay-cut. Remember, all of this talk is just that, "talk". It's public negotiation. I haven't heard EM say any of it...it's all coming from his agents and advisors. Should the Bills decide to keep him, and pay the salary on his current contract, my guess is he will play and say his advisor mis-spoke.

I'm sure he didn't say he would "honour" the contract...he's neither Canadian nor from the UK.

My guess is a BIG reason he doesn't want to play for the Bills is because they want him to take a big pay-cut.  Remember, all of this talk is just that, "talk".  It's public negotiation.  I haven't heard EM say any of it...it's all coming from his agents and advisors.  Should the Bills decide to keep him, and pay the salary on his current contract, my guess is he will play and say his advisor mis-spoke.

639227[/snapback]

If that was supposed to be funny - it wasn't. Only makes you look ignorant.

Well, you're speculating. The facts, from the people he pays to make decisions for him, are that he does not want to play for the Buffalo Bills - period. The Bills have to pay him or cut him if he won't renegotiate, and they can do that when they see fit. You guys kicking and screaming that EM is being mistreated need to wake up - or watch some film of him giving up last year and not running his plays like a professional would have.

If that was supposed to be funny - it wasn't.  Only makes you look ignorant.

Well, you're speculating.  The facts, from the people he pays to make decisions for him, are that he does not want to play for the Buffalo Bills - period.  The Bills have to pay him or cut him if he won't renegotiate, and they can do that when they see fit.  You guys kicking and screaming that EM is being mistreated need to wake up - or watch some film of him giving up last year and not running his plays like a professional would have.

639238[/snapback]

I've re-read my comment and I don't think it's ignorant. (Canada and the UK are two places where they spell "honor", "honour". In the USA we spell it, "honor".) If you think spelling it "honour" is sophisticated, it isn't. It only makes you seem pretentious. (BTW, I still think my comment was funny...but I wouldn't expect a pretentious person to have much of a sense of humor. Perhaps you have a sense of humour.")

Please don't group me with those who think EM has been mistreated...I don't.

If you think, by parroting the statement of one of EM's representitives, you have the "whole story" and are not speculating...well, then you are naive...or ignorant...or, perhaps, just plain stupid. These dealings are usually far more complicated than the public utterances would indicate.

We have no idea what EM REALLY thinks, and if he would play if the Bills decided to honor the agreement in place. They can play chicken, right down to the last minute, should they choose.

The Bills could choose to keep EM on the roster. What's EM going to do? sit out the year and receive no pay? (BTW, I doubt that will happen...but, the Bills hold all the cards here. But should they, I'm betting EM would play despite what his rep said to the press.) I'm speculating...so is everyone.

I know this may be slightly complex but think about this: the Bills have said they will NOT pay his entire salary - period.

Thus, in response, Moulds' representatives said that he does not want to play for the Bills, given the contract reduction that they are demanding.

I never said Moulds is being mistreated but I take issue when people say that he should blindly accept a paycut to play for this team. Would you do that for your job?

Well, you're speculating.  The facts, from the people he pays to make decisions for him, are that he does not want to play for the Buffalo Bills - period.  The Bills have to pay him or cut him if he won't renegotiate, and they can do that when they see fit.  You guys kicking and screaming that EM is being mistreated need to wake up - or watch some film of him giving up last year and not running his plays like a professional would have.

639238[/snapback]

Holcomb, your hatred for Moulds is apparent but don't let it distort your vision of the facts.

First of all, how the heck do you know WHERE Moulds' kids are (or that he has 9)? You think they're all Buffalonians? He lives in New Orleans during the offseason -- perhaps a few are there? He goes on roadtrips for 8 out of 17 weeks -- perhaps his kids are scattered throughout the US? Your assumption that him leaving Buffalo implies less time with his kids is pretty presumptuous on your part. Not to mention your uber-moralistic view of this situation. Fathering kids out of wedlock is wrong in YOUR opinion. But since society doesn't deem it a crime, there are people who might disagree. If you want upstanding Christians on your football team, especially at the WR position, good luck. I'll leave it at that...

Onto more important things -- Moulds actually did work out with JP in the offseason and spent a good part of his time in the team's complex. Mularkey on numerous occassions cited Moulds as one of the most helpful teammates in terms of JP's development. So your facts are wrong there. If you're referring to Moulds speaking out on Holcomb -- he was merely speaking for the entire team. There were very few people on that team that liked JP -- and that's a fact.

That said, his refusal to go back into the Miami game was wrong. And no I wouldn't confuse him for a saint.

Lots of things aren't crimes, but are still wrong. Fathing kids out of wedlock is one of those things. With Moulds' "personal advisor" saying he'll never play for the Bills again, I really wonder how much Moulds' kids will ever see of their dad.

Some would say that he makes up for his off-field behavior by what he contributes to the Bills. Well, let's look at those contributions. He refused to work with JP in the off-season. Even as someone who's expressed doubts about JP's ability and future, I think it was Moulds' responsibility to go the extra mile for the Bills by running those routes with JP. Especially if Moulds is going to demand $7 million a year of Ralph's money. Then there was the Miami game, where Moulds refused to go back in.

Yes, Moulds is a talented athlete, and he generally works hard and contributes to the team. But let's not confuse him with a stand-up guy.

639109[/snapback]

I thought he meant your KKK bunker.  "Rap album"?  Where the hell did THAT remark come from?

638884[/snapback]

I am most certainly not a racist. I was only implying that EM will do the same thing that TO did when he signed with Dallas, which is release a rap track. It was meant to be more of a jab at TO than Moulds. Would it have been any more politically correct if I said Moulds will release a country song? BTW, 95% of rappers are black.

Let me drop some science on you kid. I done come up in B-Lo kickin' it wit all da homies. Black, White, Puerto Rican, you name it. So that should tell you how down I am dogg. Don't be playa hatin' just cuz I got da mad crazy, stupid skillz and more Flava than Flava Flav!! You feel me? I fin to drop a album soon myself called, "The Dean is done".

And it go a little something like this,

Hit it!!

Yo yo Dean, you wak

so step back

here comes the crack-back

with a vengeance your life is took

I should've mistaken you for a half way crook!

Talkin' that trash on the wall

now your due for a fall

Cuz your writing sux

and your a punk

Talkin that crap just to get lumped

Kick it on the West Side I bet you get jumped!

Thank you, thank you

No autographs please :doh:

I am most certainly not a racist. I was only implying that EM will do the same thing that TO did when he signed with Dallas, which is release a rap track. It was meant to be more of a jab at TO than Moulds. Would it have been any more politically correct if I said Moulds will release a country song? BTW, 95% of rappers are black.

Let me drop some science on you kid. I done come up in B-Lo kickin' it wit all da homies. Black, White, Puerto Rican, you name it. So that should tell you how down I am dogg. Don't be playa hatin' just cuz I got da mad crazy, stupid skillz and more Flava than Flava Flav!! You feel me? I fin to drop a album soon myself called, "The Dean is done".

And it go a little something like this,

Hit it!!

Yo yo Dean, you wak

so step back

here comes the crack-back

with a vengeance your life is took

I should've mistaken you for a half way crook!

Talkin' that trash on the wall

now your due for a fall

Cuz your writing sux

and your a punk

Talkin that crap just to get lumped

Kick it on the West Side I bet you get jumped!

Thank you, thank you

No autographs please :D

639470[/snapback]

:doh::lol::lol:

Well, you're no Marshall Mathers, but I've read/heard worse. Hold off on the autograph, but the next drink's on me. I'll buy your TO explanation...at least for now. but I'm watching...The Dean is always watching.

At least your more entertaining and clever than the Arm.

And, by the way, it's Flavor Flav (not Flava Flav).

:doh:  :lol:  :lol:

Well, you're no Marshall Mathers, but I've read/heard worse.  Hold off on the autograph, but the next drink's on me.  I'll buy your TO explanation...at least for now.  but I'm watching...The Dean is always watching.

At least your more entertaining and clever than the Arm.

And, by the way, it's Flavor Flav (not Flava Flav).

639477[/snapback]

Your a good sport. It was all in fun. :D:D