Two Draft Day Trade Proposals

Scenario #1:

a.) Stay at #8 and draft our targeted pick. (Ngata, Bunkley, Davis or Huff)

b.) Acquire the second of Denver's two first round picks, #24 for our 2nd, our 3rd from Tenn. and our 6th if the WELLS acquisition doesn't go through. The value level calls for our 6th but if we do acquire Wells, our 7th would have to be substituted. This value equals out at 740 points.

c.)Therefore, we would have the chance to move back into the lower 1st round and select NICK MANGOLD-C with that pick. This would leave us with two 1st's, one 3rd, 4th and a 5th for sure, depending on the WELLS deal.

Scenario #2:

a.) Move up to #4 in a trade with the Jets to acquire D'Brickashaw Ferguson-LT.

b.) This would require giving up our 2nd round pick, our 1st round pick and our 7th round pick this year and we would be receiving their 1st round pick and their 4th round pick. Total value points is at 1892.

c.) This would leave us with a 1st rounder, two 3rd rounders, two 4th rounders, a 5th rounder and possibly a 6th in the event the WELLS deal didn't go through.

d.) This would allow us to draft D'BRICKASHAW FERGUSON and add more depth with the remaining picks.

Thoughts?

Late

I'd rather trade down than up. The draft is a crap shoot, and I think it's better to have more bullets in the gun than less. High choices also throw a major monkey wrench into the salary structure, as we sadly saw with MW. The Pats and Steelers model seems to work a lot more effectively than the 'Skins approach.

Denver's a possibility, but I'd also get on the phone with Minnesota about swapping the #8 for their two #1s.