k i'm about a big a fan of carmelo as anyone

geggytah

these statements released to the press are about the MOST prepared statements i have ever seen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?s...Id=1&id=2369686

melo is a hell of a ball player, but is lacking a little in the proper use of english language. it is almost like carlton banks (from fresh prince) speaking ghetto....lol

"I have always had a love for cars especially fast cars, and this is a dream come true. I'll stick to driving the basketball lane and let P.J. handle the fast lane."

You mean, you do not talk like that at all? I'll stick to posting here, and let you, ummm, handle the.... posting. :)

now if he were my physician or banker I would worry, but he is a basketball player, I don't expect him to be the brightest bulb in the gene pool. Perhaps he feels the same way about your basketball skills. I am certain he feels that way about your Fantasy Hoops acumen :)

these statements released to the press are about the MOST prepared statements i have ever seen. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?s...Id=1&id=2369686

melo is a hell of a ball player, but is lacking a little in the proper use of english language.  it is almost like carlton banks (from fresh prince) speaking ghetto....lol

630797[/snapback]

low blow on the fantasy comment pooj....but not that low. as i recall, i was leading the league from week 1 to about week 7 or 8 - at which point camby got hurt and i picked up an injured bonzi wells to stash away because i knew i could afford a hit in the regular season standings due to my 8 game lead over second place. i took the hit, my team is healthy now, and i find myself looking to nail down the 3 or 4 seed. honestly though, i don't even care what my seed is - i would put a LOT of money down that i win this league regardless of who i play. i stacked my roster with players that have good playoff schedules.

btw...i wasn't trying to "diss" melo with my original post. the language used in his "quotations" just is not melo-esque. it has "prepared by a PR man" written all over it.

not a good thing or a bad thing - just kind of funny/ironic to see those quotes come from melo who is popular with the younger generations of america because of his street cred due to his normal policy of speaking however the hell he wants to speak - the anti-lebron.