OT- Satellite Dish owners living in Buffalo

BobbyC81

signal when it snows??? This is the 2nd time this month it's snowed here in California and I lost the signal. The ACC Final starts in about an hour!!

My roof has a good pitch to it so I'm not too enthused about going up there to get the snow off.

signal when it snows???  This is the 2nd time this month it's snowed here in California and I lost the signal.  The ACC Final starts in about an hour!!

My roof has  a good pitch to it so I'm not too enthused about going up there to get the snow off.

625576[/snapback]

I spray PAM on my dish and I never have had a problem in the snow. The DIRECT TV installer told me that little tidbit

I spray PAM on my dish and I never have had a problem in the snow. The DIRECT TV installer told me that little tidbit

625587[/snapback]

Great tip.

Just a thought, check and clean your outside coax connections. When I had heavy freezing weather before, I found that ice and corrossion in the connectors was screwing me up more than snow and ice on the dish. Take them apart, clean with an ink eraser or something, put back together and paint with clear nail polish.