What do you think of a 4 WR set

I know it might sound crazy, but do you guys think we need to spread out some defenses?

I'm thinking Moulds, Reed, Evans and Shaw out wide with Henry or McGahee in the backfield. A VERY short passing game.

Remember how we used to do that for Thurman and it opened things up a lot for him?

Flame away. But if you do, give me some alternatives to what we have been doing.

the reason i like it is that the defense is spread out and it is EASIER to read where blitzes are coming from. the bad thing is that protection is even more of a question mark because of the lack of blockers to protect from blitzers.

one more good thing...i'd like to see our 4th WR (shaw) match up against another teams 4th CB. that is a good matchup for us.

i say try it...its not like a 2 back 1 TE set is working for us

I know it might sound crazy, but do you guys think we need to spread out some defenses?

I'm thinking Moulds, Reed, Evans and Shaw out wide with Henry or McGahee in the backfield.  A VERY short passing game.

Remember how we used to do that for Thurman and it opened things up a lot for him?

Flame away.  But if you do, give me some alternatives to what we have been doing.

45842[/snapback]

sounds great now all we need is a qb who can throw an accurate short pass. by the way i'm a firm beliver that the best players should be on the field as much as possible. the only problem with a 4 receiver set is that it will take the te out of the equation which isn't always good especially with all the problems we have with our offense. unless you go with out an empty backfield. or that would leave henry or willis in the backfield to pick up potential blitzers. however it could create mismatches with our wr's vs. other teams db's depending on the team. i guess it all depends on if drew is hesitent or if the line actually shows up. so against a good blitzing team with a good secondary i would say no. but to just throw it in the mix once in awhile i would say sure why not.

sounds great now all we need is a qb who can throw an accurate short pass.  by the way i'm a firm beliver that the best players should be on the field as much as possible.  the only problem with a 4 receiver set is that it will take the te out of the equation which isn't always good especially with all the problems we have with our offense. unless you go with out an empty backfield. or that would leave henry or willis in the backfield to pick up potential blitzers.  however it could create mismatches with our wr's vs. other teams db's depending on the team.  i guess it all depends on if drew is hesitent or if the line actually shows up.  so against a good blitzing team with a good secondary i would say no.  but to just throw it in the mix once in awhile i would say sure why not.

45848[/snapback]

It sounds like fun, but I'm afraid it would get Bledsoe killed.