What I think the Bills should do in the Offseason

First off, i'm noticing a lot of places and people say that Buffalo will most likely be interested in Ryan Pickett (formerly of St. Louis). I like Pickett. But I don't think he's a star or has star potential. I feel that we will sign a veteran DT and draft another to make up our D-Line. There's a number of people i'd like to see in Buffalo who play the DT position. But far and away, the guy on the top of my list is......

Rocky Bernard.

Sure, he's not going to come cheap. But i'd bet we can get him. Especially with them paying HUGE for Shaun Alexander and tagging Hutchinson. He's a young, STUD, agile DT. He's at the top of my list.

Someone else i'd be after who will also be expensive is Steelers SS Chris Hope. I think that's the guy the Bills were after when they let go Lawyer Milloy. For the amount of money Milloy was costing us, we could most likely get Chric Hope; who would be an upgrade.

On the offensive line, i'd go a little cheaper and a little older in C Kevin Mawae. I think he wouldn't be expensive because of his age. But he would make an immediate impact and improvement on our pourous O-Line. The reason you sign Mawae is because you don't know what you have in Duke Preston yet. He wasted his Rookie season as an OG under Mularkey. To simply throw him in the fire with all the problems we have would be VERY dumb. If he's nothing else, Mawae would be a quick fix until Preston was ready.

And let's face facts: Eric Moulds doesn't really want to be a Bill anymore. He may not come out and say it, but you're ignorrant if you don't see it. His play isn't worth the money we'd spend on him either and he's become more of a cancer than a leader. It's time he be replaced and we save ourselves close to 5 mil.

Now i'm not ready to hand the reigns over to JUST Evans and Parrish quite yet. So i'd bring in a FA. Someone young, someone who won't cost as much as a T.O. or a Randle El, someone with skills comparable to Moulds. That man would be Antonio Bryant.

Sure, he had problems with the Tuna; but who doesn't? He was Cleveland's leading WR last year and he's one helluva prospect. He's just the guy i'd want.

So after cutting Moulds and the new CBA falling into place, we'd (allegedly) be looking at around 22 mil under the cap. Would it be possible to get:

Rocky Bernard

Chris Hope

Kevin Mawae

Antonio Bryant

.....with that? I think Bernard and Hope would cost around 12 or 13 combined for this year (and some big bonus'). Mawae and Bryant could probably play for much less, so I think it's possible. But certainly not cheap.

In the draft, I have a gut feeling the Brick will fall to us. Call me crazy, but here's what I see:

1.) Houston - Reggie Bush

2.) New Orleans - Matt Leinart

3.) Tennessee - Vince Young

4.) New York - Jay Cutler

5.) Green Bay - Mario Williams

6.) San Francisco - Vernon Davis

7.) Oakland - A.J. Hawk

8.) Buffalo - D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Every year, someone falls who NO ONE suspects. That's just how these things work. No one is certain to go anywhere. Here's my Day 1 Mock:

1.) D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia

2.) Marcedes Lewis, TE UCLA

3.) Claude Wroten, DT LSU

3.) Omar Jacobs, QB Bowling Green

In Jacobs, we get an insurance policy to Losman. As a 3rd, he wouldn't put the pressure on Losman that a 1st or 2nd rounder (or veteran) would. He could be a career backup if Losman did work out okay.

Claude Wroten had some issues. But whatever they were, he was acquitted of. His stock dropped from Round 1, but in the 3rd; he's too talented to pass on. I'm sure Marv could look past one screwup, especially for his talent and value at that pick.

So that's my story and i'm sticking to it. No matter how many people call me crazy.

First off, i'm noticing a lot of places and people say that Buffalo will most likely be interested in Ryan Pickett (formerly of St. Louis). I like Pickett. But I don't think he's a star or has star potential. I feel that we will sign a veteran DT and draft another to make up our D-Line. There's a number of people i'd like to see in Buffalo who play the DT position. But far and away, the guy on the top of my list is......

Rocky Bernard.

Sure, he's not going to come cheap. But i'd bet we can get him. Especially with them paying HUGE for Shaun Alexander and tagging Hutchinson. He's a young, STUD, agile DT. He's at the top of my list.

Someone else i'd be after who will also be expensive is Steelers SS Chris Hope. I think that's the guy the Bills were after when they let go Lawyer Milloy. For the amount of money Milloy was costing us, we could most likely get Chric Hope; who would be an upgrade.

On the offensive line, i'd go a little cheaper and a little older in C Kevin Mawae. I think he wouldn't be expensive because of his age. But he would make an immediate impact and improvement on our pourous O-Line. The reason you sign Mawae is because you don't know what you have in Duke Preston yet. He wasted his Rookie season as an OG under Mularkey. To simply throw him in the fire with all the problems we have would be VERY dumb. If he's nothing else, Mawae would be a quick fix until Preston was ready.

And let's face facts: Eric Moulds doesn't really want to be a Bill anymore. He may not come out and say it, but you're ignorrant if you don't see it. His play isn't worth the money we'd spend on him either and he's become more of a cancer than a leader. It's time he be replaced and we save ourselves close to 5 mil.

Now i'm not ready to hand the reigns over to JUST Evans and Parrish quite yet. So i'd bring in a FA. Someone young, someone who won't cost as much as a T.O. or a Randle El, someone with skills comparable to Moulds. That man would be Antonio Bryant.

Sure, he had problems with the Tuna; but who doesn't? He was Cleveland's leading WR last year and he's one helluva prospect. He's just the guy i'd want.

So after cutting Moulds and the new CBA falling into place, we'd (allegedly) be looking at around 22 mil under the cap. Would it be possible to get:

Rocky Bernard

Chris Hope

Kevin Mawae

Antonio Bryant

.....with that? I think Bernard and Hope would cost around 12 or 13 combined for this year (and some big bonus'). Mawae and Bryant could probably play for much less, so I think it's possible. But certainly not cheap.

In the draft, I have a gut feeling the Brick will fall to us. Call me crazy, but here's what I see:

1.) Houston - Reggie Bush

2.) New Orleans - Matt Leinart

3.) Tennessee - Vince Young

4.) New York - Jay Cutler

5.) Green Bay - Mario Williams

6.) San Francisco - Vernon Davis

7.) Oakland - A.J. Hawk

8.) Buffalo - D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Every year, someone falls who NO ONE suspects. That's just how these things work. No one is certain to go anywhere. Here's my Day 1 Mock:

1.) D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia

2.) Marcedes Lewis, TE UCLA

3.) Claude Wroten, DT LSU

3.) Omar Jacobs, QB Bowling Green

In Jacobs, we get an insurance policy to Losman. As a 3rd, he wouldn't put the pressure on Losman that a 1st or 2nd rounder (or veteran) would. He could be a career backup if Losman did work out okay.

Claude Wroten had some issues. But whatever they were, he was acquitted of. His stock dropped from Round 1, but in the 3rd; he's too talented to pass on. I'm sure Marv could look past one screwup, especially for his talent and value at that pick.

So that's my story and i'm sticking to it. No matter how many people call me crazy.

622411[/snapback]

I think it looks very good. I'd be happy with that. I think your draft looks good too, but do we need Omar Jacobs? I would like to see us a get another CB at that second 3 spot.