Why does UB have a 1A football program?

KRT88

Do you think the administration should build the football team up at the expense of academics?

46738[/snapback]

No...I think SUNY should change how it funds its schools, so that some money made from athletics can be poured back into athletics, and not totally used for academics.

I have no idea what they were thinking.  That local talent pool doesn't match up to states like Florida.  You're also not going to draft top recruits to come play up here.

45761[/snapback]

Florida? It does even match South Dakota.......or Hawaii.

Look what Florida Central is doing with HS. The answer at coach is right under our nose. Marv is just the man to bring UB bigtime credibility.

I don't think they should quit 1-A.  Don't be quitters!  The most damaging thing is they do not have a D1-A Quarterback. Couple that with the culture of losing and suspect coaching and they can't pull out of this tailspin.  They do, however, have some decent individual talent on the roster.  They are not getting physically manhandled like they were the past few years.  Now they are hanging in games until they make a brutal turnover and it gets returned for a TD.  It's happpened every game. They need to make a coaching change and make more of a committment to football.  I hope they stick with it.

45831[/snapback]