2006 Mock Draft

marck

No link, but the rumblings have already started that Houston may pass on Bush and go Mario Williams. After his 4.66 at the combines his stock is soaring - even above what it was. If this guy turns into the next great DE, then he is more valuable then Bush who may or may not be a great PRO player.

Even if they do go Bush, MW does not last past NYJ. Everyone has them taking Ferguson , but hello! Abraham is likely to be traded before/during the draft. They will not have a top DE, and by all accounts MW is a better prospect then the Brick.

After seeing the stuff out there, I have a gut feeling Mario goes at 1.01:

1. Houston - Mario Williams - DE

2. New Orleans - Matt Leinhert - QB

3. Tennessee - Jay Cutler - QB

4. NY Jets - Reggie Bush - QB

5. Green Bay - AJ Hawk - LB

6. San Francisco - Michael Huff - S

7. Oakland - V Davis - TE

8. Buffalo - ?

1. The key to this mock is that VY is dropping like a lead ballon.

2. The Jets need a RB, and Pennington is staying with reduced cap #s.

3. SF need some D, and Huff may be the 2nd best defender in the draft. A 6' 205 S with a 4.37 40?

4. Al Davis just dances to the beat of a different drummer. What's more, the man is virtually obsessed with speed. Here he is Al, the fastest TE of all time....

5. For some reason I see Ferguson dropping. I've heard to many questionable things about run blocking and overall strength. NYJ pass for Bush, and the next 3 teams already have their (very expensive) LTs. He drops.

6. Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo, what to do..... I know! Trade down 3-5 spots to the sucker who wants VY, pick up another, and in this draft EXTREMELY valuable, 2nd rounder,and draft (Drum role please)

Bunkley, who by some accounts is a better fit for our new system then Ngata anyway.

Apparently the sweet spot in this draft is the 2nd round, with many highly regarded prospects. Imagine a Bunkley, a top LT, and a Mangold ©, Lutie (G) or Bing (SS). And the 3rd round hasn't even started yet. (Sorry about butchering the spellings.)

JMVHO

Theres only one top LT in this draft...DaBrick. Don't see this scenario really playing out. I don't think Young falls out of the top 7 and DaBrick won't fall out of the top 5. I guess it could happen, just not very likely.

I suppose TN could use him, but they probably won't pass on a QB. Of course Houston can, but if they don't trade down I can't see them passing on MW. If the top 3 goes as I predict, NYJ does not pass on Bush to take Ferguson IMO. After that, the next team that really needs him is Buffalo. If he really isn't "all that" then this scenario is highly possible.

The problem we all have in doing this sort of thing is that we are not professional talent evaluators. We pretend to make predictions on other people's rankings, and none of these guys are pros either. The key is to pay attention to the NFL Draft stock market. There is much precedence for taking 'rumblings' into account.