What Bills fans should be thinking about as of

Look, the playoffs should be the last thing on everyone's mind now that Adams and Milloy have been cut. We need to fix this team up COMPLETELY!!!! It's going to take a few years I think to get this team back on track. Even though fans here get sick of hearing the word "rebuilding", its already begun in a huge way.

We have so many postions that need to be addressed that it's not going to fix itself in 1 year like magic.

LT, C(long term), LG, 2 DT's, LE, SS, FS, CB.

This team is going in the right direction now. Unlike Donahoe who didn't care less about rebuilding this team at least it's finally happening under a person who has plenty of Nfl experince. Marv knows how to manage a team and I think that's what he's trying to do. Even though it's hard to see the players, who we've had for several year now leave the team, at least we can go in the right direction as the Bengals. It took them several year to rebuild this team and look what they're patience got them to. I believe that we must have patience even though we as fans aren't very good at doing. We must give it time. Marv got us to the playoffs before and I think he has a way of trying to get us back there. We must trust our staff in the decisions that they're making will help this team in the future. :unsure:

Before we throw in the proverbial towel, let's give Marv a little room. Exactly what have we lost? An non-productive #4 pick. Older players (Adams, Milloy, & assuming Moulds) who have been disruptive forces in the locker room. are seriously overpaid relative to their performance, and have lowering anticipative performances given their age. And we are also setting the stage for Losman in that the Holcobm (?) supporters are being exited (Moulds, Campbell). It looks like Marv is trying to set a different culture in the locker room.

What do we get? We maximize our Salary Cap possibilities. If we get a LT or RT in free agency, we can move Gandy to G and put Preston at Center. The line is improved without any other moves via FA or the draft. Everett or Euhus can take over TE (Everett is a 3rd round pick, Preston a4th rounder - these rounds are the backbone of most teams so we should expect them to be able to play. They're not a 5th, 6th, or 7th round reach). Obviously we need a #2 receiver but let's not forget Parrish was pretty highly regarded before the injury. We're not THAT far away at receiver. On defense, we still have a 1st rounder, a second rounder, and freed up cap money.

Is this enough for the playoffs next year? Probably not but the chances of going are not that great since Losman will only be a 2nd year starter. We need to use 2006 to set the tone for 2007. Who knows we may get lucky in 2006. But keeping the old, big contracts aren't getting us to the Super Bowl with a QB in his second year starting anyway (don't even bother with the Big Ben/Steelers analogy - that logic put us where we are right now).

Before we throw in the proverbial towel, let's give Marv a little room.  Exactly what have we lost?  An non-productive #4 pick.  Older players (Adams, Milloy, & assuming Moulds) who have been disruptive forces in the locker room. are seriously overpaid relative to their performance, and have lowering anticipative performances given their age.  And we are also setting the stage for Losman in that the Holcobm (?) supporters are being exited (Moulds, Campbell).  It looks like Marv is trying to set a different culture in the locker room.

What do we get?  We maximize our Salary Cap possibilities.  If we get a LT or RT in free agency, we can move Gandy to G and put Preston at Center.  The line is improved without any other moves via FA or the draft.  Everett or Euhus can take over TE (Everett is a 3rd round pick, Preston a4th rounder - these rounds are the backbone of most teams so we should expect them to be able to play.  They're not a 5th, 6th, or 7th round reach).  Obviously we need a #2 receiver but let's not forget Parrish was pretty highly regarded before the injury.  We're not THAT far away at receiver. On defense, we still have a 1st rounder, a second rounder, and freed up cap money.

Is this enough for the playoffs next year?  Probably not but the chances of going are not that great since Losman will only be a 2nd year starter.  We need to use 2006 to set the tone for 2007.  Who knows we may get lucky in 2006.  But keeping the old, big contracts aren't getting us to the Super Bowl with a QB in his second year starting anyway (don't even bother with the Big Ben/Steelers analogy - that logic put us where we are right now).

615836[/snapback]

My dog takes bigger craps than Roscoe Parrish himself. He is not a #2 receiver. Euhus is already on the borderline cut or keep list. I do have to agree with you on the cuts except for Moulds. Why people have suddenly turned the junk yard dogs on Moulds is out of my comprehension.

I'm not projecting Parrish as a #2 but he could be an outstanding #3 so the combination of #2 and #3 might be fine.

I'm not against Moulds except he's made a great deal of money from the Bills and deserved it with his performance (at least every other year). However, $10M for him right now just doesn't make sense. I'd rather take a risk on someone younger that may produce for the next 5 years. Moulds can't play more than a couple of years at any reasonable level - even Jerry Rice declined substantially in his 30's. It's just a matter of productivity and $$$.

we ditched a back up Olineman, a slow SS who could not hit all year (injury), and a freelancing DT from the worst run D we have ever had.

we also lost a TE who did nothing.

i agree losing a bunch of starters is a big change, but we can replace them with some quality guys and be better than last year in short order.