Interesting perspective from Todd France

ACor58

I am not so sure. Lets take the Giants, for example, who are in need of a cornerback and were rumored to be in the market for Nate if we hadn't franchised him. While it is true that the longer he stays out of camp his chances of being traded / signed by another team diminish, I do not think they would hold that against him. If they feel that he is worth a $15MM signing bonus and a $6M per year contract they won't think he is worth less for holding out.

So lets look at this. The Giants give you the 25th pick in the draft for Nate. To you refuse it, take it, or ask for more?

609510[/snapback]

I'd think the Bills would refuse. I'm not aware of any club out-andout signing away a franchised player. Bflo would have to be confident that they had a replacement for NC, first and foremost, if they considered a deal. I don't see that player currently on the club.

I am not so sure. Lets take the Giants, for example, who are in need of a cornerback and were rumored to be in the market for Nate if we hadn't franchised him. While it is true that the longer he stays out of camp his chances of being traded / signed by another team diminish, I do not think they would hold that against him. If they feel that he is worth a $15MM signing bonus and a $6M per year contract they won't think he is worth less for holding out.

So lets look at this. The Giants give you the 25th pick in the draft for Nate. To you refuse it, take it, or ask for more?

609510[/snapback]

If he wants a big contract the following year, he'll get into camp early enough to get on the same page and be able to demonstrate what he is worth to all the teams out there during the season.

What was he, a 22nd pick and a Pro Bowler? Given the level of talent he has demonstrated, they would have to offer more.

609510[/snapback]

Refuse it. As stuckincincy said the Bills do not have anyone on the club to replace him. Now if someone offered 2 number 1s then you'd have to seriously consider the trade.

the bills will want to see where they are in contract talks

if they are close they might turn down any offer.

signing nate gives us 3 very very solid starts in our D for coverage (mcgee, nate, t Vince).

it also lets us cut milloy and draft a young guy and/or sign a cover SS in FA.

cutting milloy, reneg/cutting moulds + williams and renegotiating london (along with cutting turds like wire, posey, etc) will allow us to sign bently at 6 bucks per and an LT as well.

so you might look at nate and think he worth a certain contract based on how he played against teh raiders, but he may well be worth that to our team