Arab control of Seaports

OnTheRocks

And as far as stirring up the masses goes, I bet Al Jazeera is getting some mileage out of this. Sure looks like we really love our middle eastern friends, doesn't it? But, the message is "all arabs are not terrorists". If I were sitting in Cairo watching all this, I'd say "yeah, right..." too.

610286[/snapback]

I couldn't argree with you more on that point, still, I can understand a lot of the hyperbol and demagogery from our folks. As stated earlier, Bush folks miscalculated the P.R. on this issue, not mishandled. In a campaign season with previous mistakes still fresh, you have to expect other politicians, even from his own party to jump on his crap for even the appearance of a miscalculation.

We did it with Clinton Admin. on a Conservation Reserve Program issue. They were renewing a whole lot of contract ares, farmers where questioning the new criteria and all the sudden, they were telling us a large number of contracts were going to be delayed for 2 years. Not a good decision politically, but they thought it would fly under the radar.

Sounds like what happened here, but if they just asked Capital Hill a few questions, they might have avoided the fight. I think this issue is as much about the upcoming elections as it is about security concerns.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think any of this has to do with security concerns at all. That's just the packaging. And as I mentioned in another thread, I bet there are some folks now that probably wish they had kept their mouth's shut.

610425[/snapback]

Oh I don't think most of them realize it yet, but they probably will soon enough, but have dug themselves in too deep to back off.