Levy Article on PFW

ACor58

There is a belief in Buffalo that many fine candidates for the GM job were passed over to bring in an octogenarian who badly wanted to get back into the game he walked away from in 1998. That may be true, but the fact is Levy’s final team finished 10-6 and lost an AFC wild-card playoff game to Miami on the road, 24-17. The Bills have been in the playoffs once since, and that was the following season with essentially the same team Levy left behind. It’s been downhill ever since, despite the hiring of smart, energetic, young football men like Wade Phillips, Williams, Donahoe, Modrak and Mularkey, so why not try hiring a smart, old football man with a proven record of not only getting into the playoffs but winning once he got there?

Maybe they should check the accuracy of their comments... Marv's last team went 6-10 in 1997. (Recall that was the year that Todd Collins was calling the signals.) It was the following season, in Wade's first year, that they went 10-6 and lost to Miami. Still, the point is well taken that those 1998 and 1999 teams that made it to the playoffs were loaded with Marv's players.

Maybe they should check the accuracy of their comments... Marv's last team went 6-10 in 1997. (Recall that was the year that Todd Collins was calling the signals.) It was the following season, in Wade's first year, that they went 10-6 and lost to Miami. Still, the point is well taken that those 1998 and 1999 teams that made it to the playoffs were loaded with Marv's players.

605574[/snapback]

I thought Marv had no input into personnel :doh:

605574[/snapback]

For the record, Mr. Borges has been notified of that discrepancy. In his response, he attributes same to "poorly wording what I was saying." (Doesn't quite compute, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. This time, anyway. :doh: )

He also wishes us well with Jauron, a native New Englander: "He's a great guy and, I think, a pretty good coach."

I thought Marv had no input into personnel :P

605713[/snapback]

Borges has been a Boston Globe Buffalo basher for years!

Not surprise that he does not get his facts correct.

He bashed the Levy and Jaron hirings in the Globe, now he thinks it's good??