The cloud has been lifted

SuperBills12

Perhaps its time to up the dosage on the prozac there, bud.

604977[/snapback]

It's happened that way for the last 5 years - every year I get my hopes up and start feeling good about the team only to be bitterly disappointed. I'm jaded at this point - I'm not going to feel good about this team until they actually show that they are a good team. In the words of the Who, "We Don't Get Fooled Again".

I also think that optimists should all be drowned ina half full glass of water, but that's just me... :D

It's a cyclical thing.

You end a terrible season, make some major changes (coach, GM, etc.) and you think that FINALLY we're on the upswing. Then you use a high draft pick on a highly touted college guy and sense that we got some good players in the later rounds and you start to feel even better.

Then you read about how hard everyone has worked this offseason, and you feel even better about the team.

Then camp comes and you hear about the great plays guys are making and how all of their hard work is paying dividends - you feel even better.

Then you get to some meaningless preseason games where the Bills beat up on teams like Pittsburgh and you feel better still.

Then week 1 finally comes and the Bills play a home game against a hapless team like Houston and win - you're already thinking playoffs.

Then you suffer a string of soul-crushing defeats to teams you should beat but just don't for whatever reason, players get hurt, and the guys that worked so hard in the offseason and looked good in camp show that they are being completely outplayed by guys on other teams - you realize again that the team has serious problems and serious work to do.

By week 8, the season is all but over, and your thoughts turn to who we should get as a new coach/GM and what to do with the high draft pick. You are deeply depressed, but feel if we could trade our top draft pick + Willis McGahee +Josh Reed away for Shaun Alexander, Walter Jones, Steve Hutchinson and Seattle's first round pick we could be a good team, especially when we get a new coach and GM. You start to feel better about the Bills.

It happens every year...

604779[/snapback]

Best post I've read in a long time.

"When all else is lost; hope remains" - especially for Bills fans.