This guy should be our TEs coach

cale

I knew all that was coming... :lol:

598542[/snapback]

The Bills deserve whatever TE talent they have. It's not like the historical brain trust had any idea what to do with a decent TE... :lol:

You would think that getting the snot pounded out of them by opposing TE's would have woken them from their slumber. Not.

Any TE with two functioning brain cells should run far away if he sniffs that the Bills are interested in him and has the even the dimmest idea of making a career, if history is any guide. :lol:

I'd have thought that with a HC who was a former TE that this area of game would have been a pet project for him. Obviously he forgot that a Pet is for Life, not just Christmas...shoot, in his short tenure, he never got game past Christmas :lol:

Seriously, this has been an area of massive disappointment for some time now. Is Everett a kid to resurrect something from the position?

mularkey and TEs?????

The guy viewed TEs as he was used in his playing history:

1) a third Tackle

2) down field blockers

3) safety valve

mularkey always emphasized blocking from his receivers whether they be TEs or WRs. We saw many a time when new players/rookies were held out of games until they could prove their ability to block. Euhus and Evans were not started until they proved to mularkey they could block.

Is this a good approach??? I guess that is what the identity of the club is, what kind of "system" the coaches used. The big draw back is that the Bills haven't had an offensive "system" for 5 years.

It is plain and simple, mularkey didn't know how to develop TEs because he refused to develop himself as a head coach.

mularkey and TEs?????

The guy viewed TEs as he was used in his playing history:

1) a third Tackle

2) down field blockers

3) safety valve

mularkey always emphasized blocking from his receivers whether they be TEs or WRs. We saw many a time when new players/rookies were held out of games until they could prove their ability to block. Euhus and Evans were not started until they proved to mularkey they could block.

Is this a good approach??? I guess that is what the identity of the club is, what kind of "system" the coaches used. The big draw back is that the Bills haven't had an offensive "system" for 5 years.

It is plain and simple, mularkey didn't know how to develop TEs because he refused to develop himself as a head coach.

599153[/snapback]

The irony is that good pass catching TEs who are above average blockers could be so vital to JP's or any rookie QBs development. But for whatever reason the TE went the way of the dodo after Riemersma left - OK Let's hear the jokes - come on you know you want to ;-)

Just look at Miller with the Steelers and Shockey with the Giants. Even Witten in Dallas has been instrumental with Drew's game...

QBs like TEs...I'm still not sure what Campbell is besides being a "fine young man."

Charles