I think the "RB controversy" will be a good thing

Let's look at the facts. Both players are young, cheap, and talented. However what hurts them in all this is that both are tied to the Bills for at least 2 more years (Henry 2, McGahee 4), so that means that holding-out for 10 games isn't an option and only hurts them financially. Furthermore all holding out does is give the OTHER guy more playing time, money, and possibly the hold on the job, which is a blow to their egos. So basically what you'll have is 2 guys playing hard to showcase themselves for the Bills or other teams, and with little other recourse.

It would be nice if the comments of an "un-named" source attributed to Willis' feelings were actually substanciated before everyone starts calling it a RB controversy.

2353[/snapback]

True, that's why I put it in quotations. Until I hear Willis say he wants to be traded or even that he's unhappy, I'll chalk it up to idle gossip. But as I said, even if there IS a "controversy," it can only help the Bills. The only player who might be a problem, and it would be extremely foolish for him to be one, is McGahee since the Bills have stated that Henry is the starter. If he sits out, Henry gets the majority of PT and racks up his usual 1,400 yards and double-digit TD's, so nothing changes/gets worse. However if McGahee is truly unhappy and wants to prove he should be starting, he plays like a madman.

Archived