Congratulations Mike Schneck

bartshan-83

I know it's been mentioned a bit, but way to go Mike! People can make fun of the fact that he is just a long snapper, but it is what it is: a Probowl selection.

I think this achievement is more than an afterthought. It's funny how dazzled everyone was that we had a professional magician as our long snapper who could get the ball back to the punter in record time. Turns out he wasn't that great, and his unknown replacement perhaps added serious value to an already stellar special teams unit.

Moorman had his best year and finally got the recognition he deserved

Lindell pulled a serious 180 and for awhile was the AFC Probowl favorite.

Admist all the problems this team has right now, it is great to stop and notice the good things as they happen. We have an elite special teams squad led by a great coach. Two probowl players and at least one other (McGee) who probably should have joined the bunch. Whatever else is going on with the offense, defense, coaching staff, front office, crazy owner, etc., sometimes it's just good to check out the positives.

Go Schneck, enjoy Honolulu.

When he first got signed, he went around with some clown from Channel 2 News in Buffalo, and he was long snapping into various places. Of the ones I remember, he fired one right through a Wendy's drive-thru window, he fired one into the window of a moving car, and probably most impressive, he fired one right into a mailbox on the curb. The opening of the mailbox wasn't much bigger than the football was, and he slipped it right in there.

Obviously, there's a good chance editing was involved, as they made it look like he did each one on his first try, which he probably didn't. But he was able to do it nonetheless, which was kinda cool.

When he first got signed, he went around with some clown from Channel 2 News in Buffalo, and he was long snapping into various places.  Of the ones I remember, he fired one right through a Wendy's drive-thru window, he fired one into the window of a moving car, and probably most impressive, he fired one right into a mailbox on the curb.  The opening of the mailbox wasn't much bigger than the football was, and he slipped it right in there.

Obviously, there's a good chance editing was involved, as they made it look like he did each one on his first try, which he probably didn't.  But he was able to do it nonetheless, which was kinda cool.

585775[/snapback]

If you go to USAtoday.com right now, the featured video (bottom left of the web page) is the Channel 2 bit of Schneck snapping about town that you described. Pretty good!

I think this achievement is more than an afterthought. It's funny how dazzled everyone was that we had a professional magician as our long snapper who could get the ball back to the punter in record time. Turns out he wasn't that great, and his unknown replacement perhaps added serious value to an already stellar special teams unit.

Moorman had his best year and finally got the recognition he deserved

585762[/snapback]

It is a deserved honor but Moorman did NOT have his best season; his best season was last year and he is just getting recognition now.

Mike Schneck's performance helped Lindell's kicking however. Schneck made Lindell look like a probowler (Lindell's offseason work helped) but Moorman made more big plays last year.

It is a deserved honor but Moorman did NOT have his best season; his best season was last year and he is just getting recognition now.

Mike Schneck's performance helped Lindell's kicking however.  Schneck made Lindell look like a probowler (Lindell's offseason work helped) but Moorman made more big plays last year.

586259[/snapback]

Agree about Lindell, but I will stand by my claim for Moorman. He may have had a few more "wow" kicks in 2004 and his success was noted better because we were actually winning games, but statistically speaking, 2005 was easily his best year.

-------------2004----------2005----------Diff

Avg.--------43.2--------------45.7-------------2.5

<20%------22.1--------------31.0-------------8.9

Ret. avg.---8.5---------------6.8---------------1.7

NET---------39.1--------------41.6-------------2.5

So he solidly improved in the 4 major categories AND all of those averages were career highs. Additionally, he led the NFL in AVG. and NET, something he has never done in either.

Moorman Career Stats

Whether or not Schneck helped, I can't be sure. But regardless, Lindell's improvement speaks for itself and because of it I tend to think his rapport with Moorman may have been beneficial.