OK lets say that things don't go the way

Rocket Man

we want and Bates ends up saying no to the offer from the Bills....who is next in line?

Mike Singletary

Ron Rivera......with the "Assistant Head Coach Tag".....I know pipe dream on my part

Ted Cottrell.....although it appeared he left on shaky terms

Dave McGinnis......Tennessee's LB coach.......a previous DCoord I think

we want and Bates ends up saying no to the offer from the Bills....who is next in line?

Mike Singletary

Ron Rivera......with the "Assistant Head Coach Tag".....I know pipe dream on my part

Ted Cottrell.....although it appeared he left on shaky terms

Dave McGinnis......Tennessee's LB coach.......a previous DCoord I think

585160[/snapback]

Well, it looks as though the Bates hiring is far from a done deal. With that being said, I would be a HUGE fan of bringing in Mike Singletary for the job. He is not only one of the best LBs of all time, but one of the best players in the entire NFL ever! PERIOD.

He knows defense and what it takes to be successful. He is a great teacher as well. I don't know how many of you guys saw the piece yesterday on the NFL Network where he was coaching at the Senior Bowl, but it was a great illustration of his coaching technique and his ability to teach. He is a great coach. I think if given a chance, he can not only be a fantastic DC in this league, but he may turn out to be a FANTASTIC Head Coach in this League someday!

I say forget Bates and bring in Singletary!