A Jurassic Perspective on Jaurosaurus

Doctor Duck

The management team from before time began...Both Ralph and Marv were born before football was invented...heck, they might be old enough to have invented the sport. Consider then the "generation gap" between them and whomever the head coach would be. Mullanarchy was a babe in diapers to them...and when Marv sat down with "little Mikey" he heard the truth...a child excited about all the fun things he would do playing with his toys...

lil' Mikey: "I've got some great new plays for next year...we'll do a double reverse on the one yard line...the defense will never expect that!"

Marv: "What?!...now Mikey, just because you are head coach doesn't mean you will call any plays anymore...that's what offensive coordinators are for"

lil' Mikey: "b-b-but the baby sitter always let me play with my toys!"

Marv: "Well I know the baby sitter let you run all over the house...but Big Daddy's keeping an eye on things again and you're going to behave like good head coaches do"

lil' Mikey: "Waaaaah!"

Marv: "Mikey...go to your office!"

So you know the rest...Mikey didn't want to stop playing OC and that was never acceptable...our octogens knew his calls sucked! So lil' Mikey moved on.

Now both Sheman and Jaurosaurus are in their 50's...so that makes them both young men in the eyes of our Octosquad...the difference comes down to this:

Jaurosaurus knows enough to respect his elders, and go with their guidance (and he should know he needs it with his dismal record as head coach)

Sherman was a victim of being to smart for his own good...80 year olds like to tell others what they think and be listened to with fauning open eyes...they don't like being told how to do things.

So for better or worse...lets hope our fossil is better than Fassel!

:devil: