BGiM's Offseason Projection/Wishlist

Here is what I'd love to see the Bills do this offseason:

Tender RFA Offers To: Josh Stamer, Mario Haggan and Sam Aiken

Re-sign: Ron Edwards, Ryan Denney, Greg Jerman and Mike Schneck

Cut: Sam Adams and Mike Williams

Players to leave for FA or retire: Nate Clements (I was on board for franchising him until I saw that it would cost 8.5 million instead of 5.3...too much), Trey Teague, Josh Reed, Kevin Thomas, Justin Bannan, Shane Matthews.

Sign UFAs:

Jeff Backus, OT from Detroit

Kevin Shaffer, OT from Falcons

Brian Williams, CB from Vikings

Lional Dalton, DT from Chiefs

Rock Cartweight, RB from Redskins

Draft:

1. Haloti Ngata, DT from Oregon

2. Ryan O'Callaghan, OT/OG from Cal

3. Taitusi Lutui, OG from USC

3. Jesse Mahelona, DT from Tennessee

4. Alan Zemaitis, CB from Penn State

5. Bruce Gradkowski, QB from Toledo

6. Cedric Humes, RB from Virginia Tech

7. E.J. Whitley, OT from Texas Tech

Summary: The main goal of this offseason needs to be improving along the lines. It NEEDS to be. The Bills have dicked around for 6 straight seasons, never dedicating themselves to just work along the lines and instead focused on the glamor positions. It didnt work, its time to stock up on O-Line and D-Line work.

As for my choices, this would leave our 2006 O-Line as (starting from LT and working to RT): Jeff Backus, Ryan O'Callaghan/Taitusi Lutui, Duke Preston, Chris Villarial, Kevin Shaffer. With Jauron on board, the silver lining is that Jeff Backus has a connection to us. That guy is an absolute beast, check this stat out...he's been in the NFL for 5 seasons, and has started at LEFT TACKLE every...single...game. Never missed a game so far in the NFL, the kid is a rock. LG is going to be up for the rookies to decide, but I think both of them are extremely talented. I'm a big fan of O'Callaghan and think that his style best fits him at guard in the NFL...the guy is 6'7, 360 pounds but with some of the fastest feet I've seen for an O-Lineman. He's my favorite to land the LG spot if we draft him. Then I think Preston and Villarial have earned another shot to start, while Kevin Shaffer is probably one of the most underrated O-Lineman in the entire league. The Bills would be wise to throw some cash his direction very early in free agency. All in all, I think that would be a HUGE improvement to our O-Line and not going outrageous with my projections (No OMGZ!!1!! Hutchinson and Bentley are Billz!!!11!1! crap).

For the D-Line, it would look like: Schobel, Ngata, Dalton and Kelsay...again, much improved. Lots of beef in the middle of the line that'll tie up O-Lineman (For those naysayers on Ngata, when Yahoo puts up their highlights later this month, check out his work against Washington and Cal...In the Washington game, they had to triple-team him! A DT! I've never seen that before in my life...he'll be a monster for us.)

And as for CB, I am frankly sick of Nate Clements and his "I'm the best damn playmaker in the world baby!" attitude. Eric Parker toasted that guy like an English Muffin, there is no possible way a playmaker gets beat by Eric F'n Parker. Let Nate and his big-play ability go elsewhere, and give me a guy like Brian Williams. Very underrated, plays tough and hard every game...and has drastically improved every year. I'd rather have a non-flashy but consistently solid CB like Williams than a streaky one like Clements.

So there you go, just some thoughts...if y'all want to go back to your planning of how to rape and murder Dick Jauron's family, go back to it. Just thought we needed a distraction.

When I posted the moves I'd make, they looked very similar to this, including signing Cartwright.

I did get ripped for not addressing the aging safeties on our roster. Also, the draft looks good, but some players are rated much higher than where you have them going. (Zemaitis)

With that said, anything similar to this would make me very happy.