If we went Sherman, could we have had Farve?

ecgetty

We have plenty of cap space and Farve might enjoy the atmosphere here. Buffalo is a perfect town for him. remember Drew loved it here. We get 2 seasons out of him.

Current news calls for him to meet with GB Monday for the last call. He could slide ot B-Town in a huge coup but we go with DJ

Maybe, just maybe, Farve would have followed Sherman to B-town..........  We freak out, via Drew, but have a real chance!!!

579069[/snapback]

I don't think we want Favre on the backside of his career. Maybe he could drag this team to the playoffs this year, but it seemed likely he would retire this year and its incredibly doubtful that we would not be condemned to yet a new rebuild in 2007 and we try to build an O around whomever the new QB of the future would be.

Since the guy following Favre would almost certainly not be able to run an offense built for Favre's unique style and talent it would mean yet another new O.

I nave zero interest in Favre as our QB of the future, which is what you are talking about in 2007 if Favre came here.

I would have loved Farve in Buffalo for one reason. JP looks up to him big time. Farve would have been able to teach him not only how to be a big time QB, but a championship caliber QB. Farve's tools may be gone, but JP's are only beginning to develop.

I would have loved Farve in Buffalo for one reason.  JP looks up to him big time.  Farve would have been able to teach him not only how to be a big time QB, but a championship caliber QB.  Farve's tools may be gone, but JP's are only beginning to develop.

579103[/snapback]

I'm sure favre would've mentored losman the same way he said this past season he's not playing to be a mentor to aaron rodgers :rolleyes: