Who Is Dick Jauron

Corp000085

Ok, hopefully this thread will be informative so we can all collaberate on the positives and negatives of dick jauron. Yada yada yada we want sherman yada yada yada... Well, Dick Jauron is the new head coach of the bills, so get used to it. All i really know about jauron is that he was the interim coach last year of the lions and he had one 13-3 year with the bears. What do you all know about this guy, cause i certainly don't know enough to formulate an opinion (one reason why i'm not too bummed or excited about this hire)

An informative Jauron thread grounded in civility :rolleyes: ?! It's a crazy idea, but it just may work:

1. Played college football in Yale, where he also earned a degree in history.

2. Played 8 years in the NFL (1973-80) as a free safety (with Lions and then Bengals)

3. Began his coaching career in Buffalo as a DB's coach for 1 year (1985).

4. Was a DB's coach for the Packers (1986-94) and a def. coord. for the Jags (1995-98)

5. Was head coach of the Bears for 5 years (1999-2003), and was named Coach of the Year in 2001.

6. Was def. coord. with the Lions for the past 2 seasons, and was made interim head coach for the last 5 games of this season.

Specifics of Jauron's head coaching tenure

Interesting WGR interview with PFW's Hub Arkush

Positives: Has head coaching experience, is known as a great defensive mind, is known as a players' coach, and is generally thought to have gotten the most out of a Bears team that was seriously lacking talent.

Negatives: His coaching record, his perception of being another typical hire from the NFL's "old boys network," and his reputation for hiring poor coaches on the offensive side of the ball.

This is all I have gathered on DJ, to date. I'm waiting for one of the many TBD boneheads to step up and help you out...expect a LONG wait.