JP

nuklz2594

With a new regime being installed, we will find out if JP is the man or a lot of mouth.  This up and coming season will be a wash.  By the end of next season eithert he will be a QUALITY qb or he won't.

Your thoughts

575877[/snapback]

He is already a wash in my opinion. I know alot of you think that he hasnt been given a proper chance with our poor ol and coaching staff but I disagree. From what I saw of him, he isnt worth the effort and I wish there was a way to get out of the JP era, but unfortunately there isnt. Not immediately anyways.

He is already a wash in my opinion. I know alot of you think that he hasnt been given a proper chance with our poor ol and coaching staff but I disagree. From what I saw of him, he isnt worth the effort and I wish there was a way to get out of the JP era, but unfortunately there isnt. Not immediately anyways.

575882[/snapback]

you said the same thing in '88 about J.Kelly...I think you called him an overrated loser right?

JP is a cocky little brat who has a great arm, a crappy attitude, and some terrible stats to back it up. With that being said, he needs to be coached in the right system to turn that cockyness into confidence. I'm definitely not ready to give up on the guy yet.

With a new regime being installed, we will find out if JP is the man or a lot of mouth.  This up and coming season will be a wash.  By the end of next season eithert he will be a QUALITY qb or he won't.

Your thoughts

575877[/snapback]

It will be his 3rd year in the league. Wasn't last season his "wash" season?

you said the same thing in '88 about J.Kelly...I think you called him an overrated loser right?

575890[/snapback]

Apples to oranges. Jim Kelly came from a much better program at The U, then Losman who came from Tulane. Just because Losman and kelly are the only qb's we drafted in the 1st rd, doesn't mean Losman= Jim Kelly. Losman will never be Jim Kelly. Losman's ceiling is more along the lines of Jake Plummer. He can eventually be adequate but it's gonna take time. I don't think he's a wash yet, cause I dont think he's been given a real chance, but like denver we should be building a run oriented offense around our quaterback, not a pass happy offense around him. Losman will probably never be a great qb. I think his mechanics are too sloppy, and he's rather eratic, but with a lot of work and leaning on a run game and keeping it to a safe throw, take chances every once in awhile system, he can be sucessful.

A new coaching staff might not even want him, so all this losman talk is irrelevant.

Apples to oranges.  Jim Kelly came from a much better program at The U, then Losman who came from Tulane.  Just because Losman and kelly are the only qb's we drafted in the 1st rd,  doesn't mean Losman= Jim Kelly.  Losman will never be Jim Kelly.  Losman's ceiling is more along the lines of Jake Plummer.  He can eventually be adequate but it's gonna take time.  I don't think he's  a wash yet, cause I dont think he's been given a real chance, but like denver we should be building a run oriented offense around  our quaterback, not a pass happy offense around him.  Losman will probably never be a great qb.  I think his mechanics are too sloppy, and he's rather eratic, but with a lot of work and leaning on a run game and keeping it to a safe throw, take chances every once in awhile system, he can be sucessful.

A new coaching staff might not even want him, so all this losman talk is irrelevant.

575897[/snapback]

no crap...I was creating a joke to that individual...I do like Losman but I am in NO WAY comparing the two :devil:

The thing about a good quarterback with some hints of great abiltity (JP, dare i say RJ, brett favre '92, jim kelly '87, ryan leaf) is that you don't know the ceiling or what they're capable of. On one hand, with good coaching, they'll be a hall of famer, or on the other, with good coaching, they'll still be crap. The difference is good coaching though, which JP has not had yet. Sure sure, he had wyche, but from top to bottom, the MM/TD regime was bad news. Hopefully if ralph decides to open the checkbook (the only reason why sherman isn't the head coach right now is because he's debating that option as we speak) and hire sherman, we'll see if JP is a jim kelly/brett favre type guy or a RJ/ryan leaf type guy. He could go either way, but we'll never know till he's coached.

JP is a cocky little brat who has a great arm, a crappy attitude, and some terrible stats to back it up.  With that being said, he needs to be coached in the right system to turn that cockyness into confidence.  I'm definitely not ready to give up on the guy yet.

575894[/snapback]

I know that cocky was his rep coming out of college, but I have not found JPs public statements since arriving here to be cocky, nor have I heard of a crappy attitude. By all accounts, he was working hard...

I know that cocky was his rep coming out of college, but I have not found JPs public statements since arriving here to be cocky, nor have I heard of a crappy attitude. By all accounts, he was working hard...

575908[/snapback]

well, we'll never know, but all the little "reports" were saying that he's got a 'tude. When it looks like a rat and smells like a rat...