Positions, Draft Picks, and Retirement

I'm not too worried about the coaching situation, I believe in Marv and not so much in Ralph, but Marv is a very smart man who will do what's right for the Bills.

I'm looking at positions.

After a horrible year, Nate Clements seems to be off the "top free agent corner" list, and I'm looking at him coming back. He has this year to step it up, or else I'm looking for a Nate Clements - Fred Smoot trade (gave 'em Winfield, why not Nate?)

Takeo's finally coming back, but where does that put Angelo Crowell? The kid can, play, possibly a good trade at linebacker coming up? While sticking to defense, Lawyer and Troy are old. Coy Wire is a player, but he needs to be more aware on the field. McGee = pretty darn good. Tight End is set with Aaron Schobel, and Kelsay can step it up if he puts his mind to it. DT... well... I'll leave that up to you guys.

On offense, the O-Line is not looking very good, but a few draft picks and maybe some free agent pickups could set that to an at least par O-Line for KELLY HOLCOMB (at least it better be Kelly) to work with. Willis is good as long as he wants to stick with the Bills, and Daimon Shelton works well. Roscoe Parrish is a prodigy, he's the wave of the Recieving future with Lee Evans, but what to do with Eric Moulds? Tight End = Tim Euhus. Campbell is coming of age, and Euhus has hands.

I'm just throwing out my two cents, I'm looking to see what you guys think about this.

Not too optimistic about the offensive line, but I think it can be addressed in free agency and the draft. I think we need at least one defensive tackle and the line will be okay...not exceptional. I think the linebackers are okay for now and i think the Clements McGee Vincent Milloy combo will hold together for the next year. The jury is out on Losman and McGahee, but we'll just have to play them and find out what is there. If we give up on Losman, Holcomb can lead us to another 5-12 season...and hopefully we can find a qb after next season. I'm still hoping Losman plays well. Tight end is a cypher, but we'll have tough choices to make in the draft and and OL and DL problems trump addressing that area. Receivers are fine. Special teams should again be outstanding. With a good draft and a pretty good coach I could see us turning around and getting 8 or 9 wins.

If we stick with Kelly Holcomb... I will have major issues with whoever the coach is. Holcomb is FOR CARRYING CLIPBOARDS ONLY!!!!

I have a friend who is a Browns fan. He described Holcomb as a bandaid. The Bills don't need a band-aid... we need a quarterback.

KH does not have the capabilities to take this team to the playoffs...I think

they should bring in a veteran like the guy from Oakland and have him compete

with JP Losman for the job.....May the best player win the job.