Who do I want - Sherman or Jauron?

bbb

Interesting Jauron comments.

Arkush says Sherman wants to dump Losman, 2 years after he wanted to draft him in GB ? I find that hard to believe.

Then again, PFW stole $30 from me years back when they declared Chpt.13. Then they start back up, asking me for more $$.

GFY Hub.

Arkush says Sherman wants to dump Losman, 2 years after he wanted to draft him in GB ? I find that hard to believe. 

Then again, PFW stole $30 from me years back when they declared Chpt.13. Then they start back up, asking me for more $$.

GFY Hub.

573728[/snapback]

I didnt hear arkush say that at all..what I did hear was that arkush dosent like losman and cant see why sherman would use him and he gose on to say in a way that he dosent see any coach comeing into buffalo wanting to use either losman nor holcobme...but he did say that sherman is a offensive HC that would take magahee and bring in some OLineman and than adress the Qb situation after that..

Speaks volumes about just how bad Losman was this year....

JDG

Speaks volumes about just how bad Losman was this year....

JDG

573754[/snapback]

It speaks volumes to how little Arkush actually knows. He's guessing about Losman and has probably seen him play 1/10th as much as us. I take most national media comments at face value. He's a publisher, not a scout.

I'm not sure it's so easy as a Sherman or Juron pick ....... I would think much of the selection will depend on issues agreed upon during the interview process.

For example ......... when asked about their anticipated staff ..... Sherman could say ....... Bates hates my guts and would never follow me to Buffalo, I hate the thought of retaining any of your current people and want to hire my own staff ..... however unfortunatly everybody from Greenbay hates me, and I never expected to get fired so I haven't really thought about who I'd get.

and Juron could have said

Gee, in anticipation I've already talked to Jim Haslett and he gave me verbal acknowledgment that if I get hired as a HC he'd love to be my DC especially in Buffalo, as far as an OC, I really think Wyche could handle the job, I'd enjoy working with him and he'd provide the continuity we need for the offense ........ and BOY-O-BOY your special teams really rocked last year ...... I'm REALLY looking forward to working with Bobby April.

I'm not saying that's what happened ..... or saying I hope it happened that way .... my avitar clearly shows who I think would be better ....... but there MAY be reasons why Juron looks like a better fit for the Bills at this point.

It speaks volumes to how little Arkush actually knows. He's guessing about Losman and has probably seen him play 1/10th as much as us. I take most national media comments at face value. He's a publisher, not a scout.

573756[/snapback]

Sometimes numbers can be misleading, but Losman's numbers are so bad... they're hard to argue with.

There's essentially two cases for Losman:

1) Losman is really bad, and the burden of proof is on Losman to show that he can ever be a competent NFL starter. Losman's play would not be tolerated from a 3rd-round draft pick, and the Bills should start planning for a future without Losman until he presents convincing evidence otherwise in practice and training camp.

2) Losman is really bad, but we just need to suck it up and tolerate the really bad play for X games more, due to reasons of (pick your favorite: inexperience, injury, bad coaching, poor line play, lousy supporting cast), because Losman might still be good - having been picked in the 1st round and all.

I can't fault Arkush for going with case #1 - while admitting that he could be wrong at the same time.

JDG

Thanks for your answers. I'm still undecided.

It seems like Jauron is like Marv when we brought him in. Smart Ivy Leaguer who was somewhat successful, got fired for not a great reason, and has not been a head coach for awhile.

Meanwhile, Sherman is like Chuck Knox when we brought him in. 4 division titles (I think Chuck had just won five in a row). Hard to argue with that, except for the can't win in the playoffs things. Like in the late 70s, the answer to that would be Playoffs?!? Playoffs?!?