Strong at WR?

mary owen

Weren't we really deep at WR talent during camp? why does this team look like it has just 1 receiver now? Maybe Bledsoe. Does anyone else think he ignores our other WR's and TE's? Not trying to get into a whole DB debate, so let's not make this thread another one of those.

but what bugs me a little bit is that we are saying we are going to be a running team. Why say we are going to be anything? The camps, preseason, and 1st quarter of the year need to be concluded before we start naming an ID for the offense.

with that said, I think we have enough at WR to be a well balanced O. To me, when you say we are a running team, that means one thing: Moulds is your WR.

Forget about Reed, Aiken, Evans, the TE's. I really don't feel we have the right type of horses to be a "running team". This does not mean we can't run, but we can't rely on that solely. (And if we are, why the hell are we telling our competition that. You've already solved half the mystery for them. Stack the line against the run, get the O in third and long, and mission accomplished. Now you can send in the dogs to get #11).

what am I getting at? Hell, i don't know. But this quote from Moulds sounds like last year and the year before. And all it tells me is that an already overly-Moulds dependent Bledsoe will only be more predictable to other D's.

here's the quote:

"I talked to Drew last night and today. I told him we have to put this team on our backs."

Here's another mini gripe from me: This coaching staff knew about Bledsoe/Offense's weakness: beating the blitz. Why the hell these guys were not working exclusively to perfect the screen pass is beyond me. This is the perfect solution to these Defenses that come at us. Does anyone else agree?

I'm done. Sorry for the length.

I found that Moulds quote to be very interesting. "I told him we have to put this team on our backs." I guess that by beating ourselves game in and game out, we are indeed putting the team on its backs. If they continue with the mistakes, he'll probably be quotes as saying we have to put this team on our knees.

It is a valid quote, though. I had a buddy who ran a whorehouse. His slogan was identical to Moulds'.

I found that Moulds quote to be very interesting.  "I told him we have to put this team on our backs."  I guess that by beating ourselves game in and game out, we are indeed putting the team on its backs.  If they continue with the mistakes, he'll probably be quotes as saying we have to put this team on our knees.

It is a valid quote, though.  I had a buddy who ran a whorehouse.  His slogan was identical to Moulds'.

41349[/snapback]

Drews response was "with my offensive line I am always on my back."