Pats Rodney Harrison still crying about the refs

You should have heard the Fat Freddie Douchebag Smerlas on WHAM tonight, crying a river for the Pats.  What a piece of dog **** he is.  I swear I am going to start a petition to get his name off the Wall.

PTR

573573[/snapback]

If the idea is to remove Bills from the Wall based on off-field behavior, Smerlas isn't exactly where I'd start.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the idea is to remove Bills from the Wall based on off-field behavior, Smerlas isn't exactly where I'd start.

573988[/snapback]

Off-field behavior, or being a Bills-hater? The Bills honored him, and yet Smerlas can't hide his disgust for the team. And his feelings go beyond the Bills, to insulting the city and it's residents too. He's still bitter over being cut by Levy. Talk about holding a grudge!

I'm all in favor in taking Smerlas off the wal. We can ship the letters in a box to the Krafts. Maybe they can find a place in Gillette Stadium to hang them.

PTR

Since he didn't give dates, though, I'm not sure precisely which stretch of Patriots suckitude my buddy BART was referring to. If it's pre-Kraft, he may well be correct.

While the sellout streak does indeed go back to the 1994 regular-season opener, shortly before that - during the 1991 season, to be exact - the Patriots season-ticket total stood at 17,635. Bills have come close to that number a couple of times since Rich Stadium opened (sub-20K in 1978, 1984-85), but the last time they sold fewer than 18,000 seasons was... lessee.... 1963.

573677[/snapback]

Rod Rust was assuredly not good for business. That was also the year after the infamous Mowatt/Olsen/Kiam sexual harassment debacle in week 2, followed by a wonderful 14 game losing streak. The team looked very likely to move since the ownership situation was a total mess.

1990 was definitely the low point in New England Patriot history. The 1991 team, which was a little frisky and had a very likable coach in Dick MacPherson even if he was in over his head, saw a slight uptick in interest around here. Naturally, the arrival of Parcells, Bledsoe and Kraft was the turning point (in my opinion in that exact order).

I wasn't arguing the difficulty of the feat, just correcting a falsehood.

573182[/snapback]

You're hardly a beacon of anything but garbage spew- you can spare Bill's fans your sermons on "accuracy".

Let's not overlook that you're the same idiot who insisted this past off-season that Brady had become "one of the best deep ball" threats in the league. I notice you backed off that completely when I proved statistically that the worst passer ratings among starters in the league for all passes over 20 yards were Kyle Boller and your manlove skittish-in-the-redzone can't-break-.500-without-a-top-3-defense blowup doll.

Let's not overlook that you're the same idiot who insisted this past off-season that Brady had become "one of the best deep ball" threats in the league.

That claim was backed up by statistics showing that in 2004, Brady was third in the entire NFL in 41+ yard pass completions and completion percentage on 41+ yard passes, and fourth in 41+ yard pass attempts. In 2004, Brady attempted and completed more deep passes than the vast majority of NFL QBs. Thus, he had established himself as one of the game's best active deep passers.

How does that claim make me an "idiot?" It was FACTUALLY TRUE.

An "idiot" is more along the lines of someone who would claim that the average deep ball QB throws 5 to 6 deep (41+ yards in air) balls per game, despite the fact that the '04 leader threw less than 2 such passes per game. In "idiot" is someone who would confidently state, after misreading a simple stat sheet, that Marc Bulger threw 29 41+ yard passes in 2004, despite the fact that he threw only 3.

I notice you backed off that completely...

No, I didn't. Why would I back off of an unequivocally truthful claim?

...when I proved statistically that the worst passer ratings among starters in the league for all passes over 20 yards...

20 yards? Irrelevant to the discussion. You state here that a "deep pass" is one which travels 45+ yards in the air. The closest statistics are those measuring passes that travel 41+ yards.

Your 20 yard figures mean nothing, and isn't even in line with your own determination of what constitutes a "deep pass." Do you realize how deep your intellectual dishonesty must go if you sell out your own beliefs and definitions to make an illogical point out of spite? It's clinical, man.

...can't-break-.500-without-a-top-3-defense...

11-7 > .500

Did you read the math splits wrong?

Perhaps you could start a poll in the OT forum about it. :o

Seriously, though, don't do that. :D

574635[/snapback]

very good idea........i know you have witnessed plenty of super bowls in your favor, but i'd like to see the new digs before i witness my first

ps....there is nothing wrong with letting the other members vote on it........they view it more than you anyway...........if it's anything, it's unselfish

How does that claim make me an "idiot?"  It was FACTUALLY TRUE.

574595[/snapback]

Tsk tsk , continuing to perpetrate your own lie won't make you look any smarter! The completely inaccurate statement you made in the off-season, claiming under a picture of your love interest that "Brady has become one fo the league's best long ball threats" was proven false when in fact I posted the splits showing that only Kyle Boller had a lower QB rating on his throws over 20 yards than Brady among all NFL starters. Maybe you're not smart enough to find the stats. Here- let me link it again for you:

Trollywood's Folly- Brady's anemic passing numbers over 20 yards

Perhaps now, in the interest of "accuracy", you'd like to retract the idiotic, unsupportable and inaccurate position you insisted on just few short months ago?

...claiming...that "Brady has become one fo the league's best long ball threats" when in fact I posted the splits showing that only Kyle Boller had a lower QB rating on his throws over 20 yards than Brady among all NFL starters.

You yourself defined "long balls" as passes traveling 45+ yards in the air, not 20 yards.

The longest in-air pass measured by most NFL stat services is 41+ yards. In 2004 (the season immediately preceding my comments about Brady's long ball abilities), Brady was third in 41+ yard pass completions and completion percentage on 41+ yard passes.

The top three in any group of 30+ are generally considered the best of that group.

Please resist the urge to enter irrelevant data - like QB rating on 20 yard passes - into this conversation. Remember, we're talking about deep passes, which you define as traveling 45+ yards past the LOS. Try to focus on the topic and post relevant details.

[right'>574703[/snapback][/right]

Irrelevant- simply because it proves you to be the lying sack of garbage you've been exposed as? In case you forgot, here's your post acknowledging that Brady was only able to muster a rating of 54 on his passes over 20 yards:

Trollywood acknowledging Brady's poor long ball rating of 54

Now if you will simply retract your idiotic premise we can move on to more important issues- like your whining about the refs in the Denver game!

Well, considering the whole New England 'dynasty' was started by one of the worst calls/rules ever (Tuck Rule).. I have a hard time feeling sorry for them. By the way Rodney.. I know Denver didn't exactly play "lights out".. but if you cough the ball up 5 times in one game, you don't deserve to win, much less whine about it.

...lying sack of garbage...

Nice. :o

We're discussing Brady's merits as a deep ball (41+ yards past the LOS, as defined by you) passer following the 2004 season. If you would like to discuss that topic, let me know.

Otherwise, have fun trolling and posting irrelevant data. It seems to be all you're capable of anyway. Meanwhile, the rest of us will be wondering what it's like to live in a world where three is greater than twenty-five, twenty equals forty-one, and Daunte Culpepper tosses the ball forty yards past the LOS eighty to ninety-six times per season.

Well, considering the whole New England 'dynasty' was started by one of the worst calls/rules ever (Tuck Rule).. I have a hard time feeling sorry for them.

That was actually a correct call according to the NFL rulebook. :o

By the way Rodney.. I know Denver didn't exactly play "lights out".. but if you cough the ball up 5 times in one game, you don't deserve to win, much less whine about it.

Agreed.

posting irrelevant data. 

574723[/snapback]

Yeah, Brady's passer rating on his throws over 20 yards would have NOTHING to do with whether your idiotic statement that he had become "one of the biggest deep threats in the league" is accurate!

You keep up with the unsupportable and football-free nonsense you spew around here, don't let any of us who recognize your little Troll game interfere ;-)