Just found out who is the real Colts coach

AJ1

I don't have a problem with it, and I bet Dungy doesn't either. Manning and his offense felt that they were getting to do or die terrtory. A coach "has to" make the call to punt there, but the offense was telling him "Trust us Coach, we can do this!" Dungy doesn't want to squelch that attitude and defers to the guys on the field. THAT is actually a good coaching decision!

Way to go! The turnaround has begun.

I don't have a problem with it, and I bet Dungy doesn't either. Manning and his offense felt that they were getting to do or die terrtory. A coach "has to" make the call to punt there, but the offense was telling him "Trust us Coach, we can do this!" Dungy doesn't want to squelch that attitude and defers to the guys on the field. THAT is actually a good coaching decision!

Way to go! The turnaround has begun.

568346[/snapback]

Yeah, but when a Bills player questions anything our coaches say, fans around here say, "They're just the players! They need to shutup and do what they're told!!!"

People can't have it both ways.

CW

Yeah, but when a Bills player questions anything our coaches say, fans around here say, "They're just the players!  They need to shutup and do what they're told!!!"

CW

568348[/snapback]

Sure they can.

Our players suck. :w00t:

Yeah, but when a Bills player questions anything our coaches say, fans around here say, "They're just the players!  They need to shutup and do what they're told!!!"

CW

568348[/snapback]

Nope, you can't have it both ways. But that was a gut decision thing and Dungy let them start feeling their mojo. I think he did a great job there!

CW

568348[/snapback]

Ha! Great comparison!

Though, it is kind of depressing that when our players don't listen to the coaches, they won't go back on the field, while when Indy's players do it, they won't come off.

I'm sure Tony is quite upset. Puhleeze. If there was a problem, he would have burned a time out and sat Peyton down

Dungy runs the team...but, it's Manning's offense.

BTW, if you didn't like that...well, you just don't like football, IMO.

I'm sure Tony is quite upset.  Puhleeze.  If there was a problem, he would have burned a time out and sat Peyton down

Dungy runs the team...but, it's Manning's offense.

BTW, if you didn't like that...well, you just don't like football, IMO.

568359[/snapback]

If you think Dungy would have sat Peyton, then you may need to go to the hospital and get your head re-examined.

If you think Dungy would have sat Peyton, then you may need to go to the hospital and get your head re-examined.

568360[/snapback]

While I never pass up a good head exam...I meant he would sit him while he put the punting unit back on the field.

I'm sure Dungy is pissed they got the 1st down.

Oh and the Colts got hosed on that 4th down play where they just replayed the down over, because Faneca moved and it should have been a punt.

568364[/snapback]

Sure did. That was pretty unbelievable.

The spot was pretty terrible on the sneak as well.

CW

Saw Dungy interviewed post-game. He said that peyton called back the offense because Tony told him to in his helmet set. punt team only ran out becasue they were "overenthusiastic."

568778[/snapback]

yeah, and my name is Harold Johnson.