Tidbit from

Mile High

Haslett heading to Buffalo?

<Jan. 13> The leading candidate for the now vacant Bills job is expected to be former Saints head coach Jim Haslett, writes ESPN.com's John Clayton. Haslett is also under consideration for openings with the Jets and the Lions.

Tom Modrak, a close friend of Haslett's, is running the draft and coordinating free agent moves for the Bills. Haslett played for the Bills and remains popular in Buffalo, which makes him endearing to the fans.

Former coach and recently appointed GM Marv Levy would also be a popular choice among fans, but the 80-year-old will not return to the sidelines next season. Bills owner Ralph Wilson regards Levy as a much-needed front office confidant and reiterated last week that Levy "would not coach the Buffalo Bills."

Great. :devil:

I'd be happy with Haslett.  Of course I'd be ecstatic with Sherman but....

566559[/snapback]

I personally Haslett would be a great fit for Buffalo...but I still came dream that Sherman would come and convince Bret Favre to come with him.

Yet another case of the media creating the story, rather than reporting it. Nobody has been interviewed, and Haslett hasn't even been contacted.

It all starts with one guy writing "Hey, I think X would be a good fit for team Y's coaching position/trade/free agent because I said so, nevermind I have no idea what is going on in the front office." Then you get dopes like Clayton and others who read this and take it as fact. Then it snowballs.

Yet another case of the media creating the story, rather than reporting it.  Nobody has been interviewed, and Haslett hasn't even been contacted.

It all starts with one guy writing "Hey, I think X would be a good fit for team Y's coaching position/trade/free agent because I said so, nevermind I have no idea what is going on in the front office."  Then you get dopes like Clayton and others who read this and take it as fact.  Then it snowballs.

566663[/snapback]

Amen. I've been thinking the same thing.

It's not hard to make these rumors up. James Lofton is interviewing for the Oakland job and wants to be a head coach. Lofton used to be a Bill. He used to play for Marv Levy. That must mean he's on the short list of candidates for HC.

Is that true? Hell no, I just made it up. But Clayton and the rest of the media bozos are doing the same thing.

I personally Haslett would be a great fit for Buffalo...but I still came dream that Sherman would come and convince Bret Favre to come with him.

566657[/snapback]

I also Haslett fit Buffalo....I still brought dream Ditka would come and bring Richard Dent to come with him :devil:....can we get a grammar check over here :lol: