The recent happenings at One Bills Drive...

PISSCHUNK

I've been a fan since 1973 and as loyal as anyone but this downward cycle isn't pretty. We have to be viewed as a "joke" to other franchises out there.

Things better get stable around there or our dreams of bringing in free agents with talent are history. Find a coach with balls, give him some players, give him growing room and support him all the way.

Hook 'Em!

I've been a fan since 1973 and as loyal as anyone but this downward cycle isn't pretty. We have to be viewed as a "joke" to other franchises out there.

Things better get stable around there or our dreams of bringing in free agents with talent are history. Find a coach with balls, give him some players, give him growing room and support him all the way.

Hook 'Em!

563466[/snapback]

I agree with you, things are in real danger of spinning completely out of control and making the organization a complete laughingstock. The only hopeful note for me is that even perpetual cellar-dwelling franchises can rebound, as shown by the Bengals, if you find the right people to put in charge.

I agree that things look grim, but I don't feel the Bills can be good in 2006 no matter what they do. The key is to do well in the draft, both this one and the next. With two solid drafts, plus free agent signings prior to 2007, plus the younger guys we have now, the Bills MIGHT be able to do something. Unless Losman turns out to be the next Kordell.

Its probably a good thing that MM left. With him staying it was piece meal. Now a new head coach can bring on "his staff" and have some type of continuity. Remebmer MM didn't have it. He had to keep some of GW people like Jerry Gray. If we are cleaning house lets do it and move on.

Its probably a good thing that MM left.  With him staying it was piece meal.  Now a new head coach can bring on "his staff" and have some type of continuity.  Remebmer MM didn't have it.  He had to keep some of GW people like Jerry Gray.  If we are cleaning house lets do it and move on.

564153[/snapback]

When you have no coaching staff, there's something to be said for a two coach approach. Say you start with an offense guy. You let him stay a few years, giving him time to install his offense coaching staff/system. Then you fire him, replacing him with a defense guy, who will leave the offense guy's work intact, while fixing the defense coaching mess.

The Bucs did this. First they brought in Dungy/Kiffin to fix the defense. After Dungy was let go, they brought in Jon Gruden to fix the offense.

The Colts were the same way. Dungy was pleased with the Colts' style of offense and coaching situation, so he left the offensive system and coaching staff intact.

Unfortunately, things didn't work out that way here in Buffalo. When TD got here, he came to a team that was well-coached on defense, but poorly coached on offense and special teams. Firing Wade was the right thing for Wilson to do; but Wade's replacement should have been on the offensive side of the ball. Instead, all four of the final candidates for head coach were defense men. Mistake. The hiring of Gregg did nothing to help the offense or special teams coaching, while causing a downgrade in the level of defensive coaching.

Now along comes Mularkey. Just as Gregg failed to install a successful defensive coordinator, so too Mularkey failed to install a good offensive coordinator. So now we're up a creek without a paddle.