If MM is fired...

I vote for Eric Mangini... 34 year-old DC of the Patriots. Anybody who's good enough for Bellichick, by extension, is good enough for Buffalo, JMO

550602[/snapback]

I'd vote for Mariucci, but Ralph has a 45 year history of not wanting to pay an ex-coach for doing nothing. As such, I think he will stick with Mike "Mr. Personality" Mularkey.

If MM is fired I would be shocked, but pleased.

A candidate with any head coaching experience would be grand.

And if we're going to go with someone green, can we at least make sure they've had some degree of success as a coordinator? I think we chose Mularkey just so the press could come up with (not-so)clever headlines.

I'd vote for Mariucci, but Ralph has a 45 year history of not wanting to pay an ex-coach for doing nothing. As such, I think he will stick with Mike "Mr. Personality" Mularkey.

If MM is fired I would be shocked, but pleased.

550704[/snapback]

Normally I'd agree with you but the dude is 87 and I think he's running out of patience. He's been quoted as saying he wants to be more hands-on again and I really don't think he cares about money anymore. He really want to win before he dies, if that costs him 3 mil it costs him 3 mil. Either way the coach is gonna be the guy that RW wants this time, not the coach anyone advises him to hire. The last coach he had a lot of input over was likely Levy, and if not Levy, Wade Phillips. I get the impression that TD had a lot of freedom to do hiring and drafting w/o RW input. His quotes indicate that's over with. If RW wants MM to stay he stays, if not he's gonna go get his guy.

I see Levy's role as day-to-day advisor. RW can't be in all the personell meetings and be directly involved everyday. Levy is someone who RW trusts to give him the straight answer and I think that'll be his role, whoever the GM ends up being.

I think Mariucci was brought down by Millen, but I can't see him coming here. I used to think Capers was a decent coach, but did any of you see any Texans games this year? I have the football package (the only thing that keeps me going as an American in Canada) and it seemed like everytime the camera was on him he had his mouth open in an utterly confused expression. It was to the point of yelling at the TV for him to close his mouth...I'm a little down on him because of it.